This Day in Sabres History: December 30th

PASabreFan

December 30, 2000

Martin Biron has to make only 15 saves on Long Island to shut out the Islanders, 2-0. It's Biron's sixth shutout as a Sabre and the second in a row for the Sabres.

December 30, 2002

For the second year in a row, the Sabres are taking themselves out of playoff contention with a December swoon. On this date, the Sabres lose their seventh game in a row, 4-3 at Washington.

December 30, 2000

Martin Biron has to make only 15 saves on Long Island to shut out the Islanders, 2-0. It's Biron's sixth shutout as a Sabre and the second in a row for the Sabres.

December 30, 2002

For the second year in a row, the Sabres are taking themselves out of playoff contention with a December swoon. On this date, the Sabres lose their seventh game in a row, 4-3 at Washington.

Speaking of Shut Outs, I was pissed Miller didn't get one the other night. Would have capped off a real nice victory over a red hot team that was motivated to beat us. Oh well, Miller did everything we asked by shutting down Canes early. He really deserves a shut out but these days the SO seems harder to come by than in days past

Speaking of Shut Outs, I was pissed Miller didn't get one the other night. Would have capped off a real nice victory over a red hot team that was motivated to beat us. Oh well, Miller did everything we asked by shutting down Canes early. He really deserves a shut out but these days the SO seems harder to come by than in days past

i used to love getting shutouts when hasek was here, because he was a stat machine... However, it doesn't really bother me anymore with this team and miller. That guy cares about one thing, the win. I can state with some certainty that miller would be happier stopping 13 of 20 shots in an 8-7 victory than 68 of 70 in a 3-2 loss. I still think shutouts are nice, and i'm a little miffed about all these soft goals in x-1 victories, but they just provide motivation rather than dissapointment.

I just wish he wouldn't ruin a great performance with a crappy soft goal, like the one against Carolina. If you're going to lose the shutout (especially so late in the game) then make them earn it.

Archived