Bring back the bench-clearing... celebration!

PASabreFan

I love it on the old video clips when you see the bench empty after somebody scores a hat trick, a 50th goal, a big tying goal late in a game, or whatever. It was quite random as to when it happened, if I recall correctly. (IIRC, thanks Dave B.). I believe it was back in the early 80s that this wonderful tradition of the game of hockey was banned, the result (I think) of so many assinine bench clearing brawls in the late 70s and early 80s. I remember when Gretzky scored his 77th goal in Buffalo that the Edmonton bench cleared and Rick Jeanneret sarcastically called for a penalty. I bet a guy like RJ hated (and hates) the rule. So the question is: with the era of the goon and brawls quickly passing, why not bring back the bench-clearing celebration?

Glad to see you post PA - I figured you were out of touch electronically when I missed my dose of TDISH this morning!

oops, how doid that happen? That is an error on my part.

fixed.... you can read TDiSH on the front page.

I know, we can have binghamton come out after every goal and put down all the fans at the arena and he can dazzle them with his positive outlook on everything and then to finish up the celebration all the fans can chant his name and thank him for there new outlook on everthing.

Or maybe you can just stop being a ass on every topic?

I know, we can have binghamton come out after every goal and put down all the fans at the arena and he can dazzle them with his positive outlook on everything and then to finish up the celebration all the fans can chant his name and thank him for there new outlook on everthing.

Or maybe you can just stop being a ass on every topic?

I have a better idea. You can do a shot for everyone in the stadium after each goal. I don't think you would be able to do it, but I'm sure you would try

Archived