Who watched the shootout after the game?

inkman

I really enjoy their show but I have two major gripes about last nights show. First, they spent 30 minutes talking about Ovechkin but failed to talk specifically about the "ear cupping" after his goal. Sylvester tried to point it out, fans emailing tried to point it out but all they wanted to talk about was how great he is for the NHL. The problem was that everyone wanted to hear what they thought about his bush league move and neither of them could even figure out it happened. Drury sure gave his very political 2 cents about it after the game.

Secondly, please figure out what your stance on goons in the NHL is. First, they spend 20 minutes telling the audience that a guy like Peters is needed on every team. Then they immediately refute this by stating that fighting has become a side show. So which is it?

I watched it - and these guys are getting worse. They are bringing less and less insight to the game.

Not one of those three mentioned that Washington had a depleted defense - nor did they talk much about Kotalik or Tallinder's play. If anything they got sucked into a sideshow.

Of course Ovechkin is a story - but certainly not the only one.

I hate to say it, but they have had about three bad shows in a row after being pretty

good for most of the season.

I really enjoy their show but I have two major gripes about last nights show. First, they spent 30 minutes talking about Ovechkin but failed to talk specifically about the "ear cupping" after his goal. Sylvester tried to point it out, fans emailing tried to point it out but all they wanted to talk about was how great he is for the NHL. The problem was that everyone wanted to hear what they thought about his bush league move and neither of them could even figure out it happened. Drury sure gave his very political 2 cents about it after the game.

Roby and Sylvester talked about it for a few minutes during the second intermission. Sylvester thought it was pretty silly for Ovechkin to be doing that and Roby applauded it (I think because he wants one of the great young players in the league to be talked about).

Personally, I think Ovechkin was stupid for doing that, since his team was losing 6-1 when he scored. That just shows a lack of class and how he's more worried about his own image than the team's performance.

That was the first time I watched the post game show all year. I wanted to email them some kind of comment about Roby's obsession. What I want to know is what will Roby do when Ovechkin turns down his advances? Will he turn around and start trash talking him instead?

They did talk about it toward the end of the shootout, because they got some emails - one in particular saying how other great players like Gretzky and Lemieux would never had done that in a 6-2 game - and Ray & Roby continued their ballwashing at that point, saying it's great, it's how he reacts to the fans, he's animated, a great person to be around, just having fun...frankly I thought I had tuned into the Caps postgame show, since those two were heaping so much praise on Ovechkin.

The shootout is getting hard to watch, because frankly I can't stand watching a 3-minute soliloquy by Rayzor praising Peters, fighting and goons in general. I am not saying that fighting doesn't still have a place, but I have a hard time working up a lot of emotion when a former enforcer is lavishing praise on a player who is so valuable to the team that he spends huge stretches of game time nailed to the bench...Roby tells it like it is sometimes, but most of the time it seems he is more interested in telling us how much better it used to be, how much the game has changed, how underappreciated so-and-so is...

They're right to praise the way he plays. It's good to see a highly skilled player who will actually play a physical game too. They went way overboard with that praise though. After a weak stretch, the Sabres offense looks like it was woken up and all they can talk about is a guy on the losing end of the game (non-stop)? That was pathetic and I thought Roby was better than that.

Yeah, that was pretty much my problem with it. I know it's borderline heresy right now, but I really like Ovechkin's game, stupid incidents aside. I just thought that on the Sabres' postgame show, we would actually hear them talk a little more about the Sabres and less about Ovechkin...

And again, I can do without Rayzor gushing about how much Peters and "enforcers" mean to the game and their teams. Make the point and move on - there have to be more important things to talk about...

Yeah, that was pretty much my problem with it. I know it's borderline heresy right now, but I really like Ovechkin's game, stupid incidents aside. I just thought that on the Sabres' postgame show, we would actually hear them talk a little more about the Sabres and less about Ovechkin...

And again, I can do without Rayzor gushing about how much Peters and "enforcers" mean to the game and their teams. Make the point and move on - there have to be more important things to talk about...

I didn't even notice that stuff with Ray. Even if I had, I'd fully expect him to be saying stuff like that since that is exactly the kind of player he was. Roby, on the other hand, was so out of character the other day. The hand to the ear thing is usually the kind of thing he'd rip apart (or at least it was a couple years ago when I actually was able to watch postgame shows).

Mike is brutal. I never liked him and I think he is horrible. The guy acts like he knows it all. It was annoying to hear him talk about Ovechkin during the game and post game show.

Whoa! I wouldn't go that far. Roby is one of my all-time favorites, I just didn't like his post game schtick after the caps game.

Mike is brutal. I never liked him and I think he is horrible. The guy acts like he knows it all. It was annoying to hear him talk about Ovechkin during the game and post game show.

Ah, c'mon, Mike is great. What they really lack is a good moderator.

Sylvester is the one that is supposed to steer the converstation (him and the producer).

They just seem to be dropping the ball.

Archived