Perfect example.

deluca67

I felt like they had that many in the last couple of minutes. Anyone see the unofficial number on the postgame show?

But I agree Miller was poor tonight. His rebound control is getting away from him. Good thing his reputation for absorbing pucks preceded him. In the first period the ref blew the whistle with the puck bouncing into the slot. :)

I felt like they had that many in the last couple of minutes. Anyone see the unofficial number on the postgame show?

But I agree Miller was poor tonight. His rebound control is getting away from him. Good thing his reputation for absorbing pucks preceded him. In the first period the ref blew the whistle with the puck bouncing into the slot. :)

I didn't see any numbers. When R&R started talking about the Sabres having 41 shots I almost fell to the floor.

I didn't think Huet had a great game. He was giving up fat rebounds left and right.

And can someone pelase answer this question for me.

Why do NHL defensemen keep knocking guys into their own goalie? Do they teach that? It may be the dumbest play in all of pro sports. Tonight it led to a goal. Someday it might lead to an injury.

You can flame me if you want, but I didn't have a huge problem with Miller's game tonight. I am sure one or two of those goals he'd like back, but he was left hung out to dry on a couple of the other ones, and his D didn't do him any favors. He was by far the least of the Sabres' worries, IMO - which includes the fact that there were only a couple Sabres who showed up and put a full effort in.

By the way, how can one of the co-captains make a play like Briere did on the final Habs' goal? That one play pretty much summed up the Sabres' luck, arrogance, decision-making - pretty much everything that has gone bad in recent games - all at once, IMO.

I didn't see any numbers. When R&R started talking about the Sabres having 41 shots I almost fell to the floor.

I didn't think Huet had a great game. He was giving up fat rebounds left and right.

And can someone pelase answer this question for me.

Why do NHL defensemen keep knocking guys into their own goalie? Do they teach that? It may be the dumbest play in all of pro sports. Tonight it led to a goal. Someday it might lead to an injury.

Welcome back, DeLuca. Two posts after two consecutive losses. You must miss TBD.

Anyway, agreed on Miller; he just needs a rest.

And on the scoring chances, I liked the fact that the Sabs threw it at the net a little bit tonight. No, it didn't work, but at least they didn't suffer from being too fancy.

Just rolled back the DVR, and here's my take on the Habs' goals.

Goal 1 - Miller does give up a bigger rebound than usual, and Kovalev scores from the sideboards as Koivu lies on top of Miller, thanks to Spacek(?).

Goal 2 - Higgins PP deflection of a shot that looked like it might be going wide

Goal 3 - Lapierre - Scores on 2nd rebound while Paetsch, Lydman and Novotny stand around in front of the net- actually Paetsch is lying on the ice while Lapierre gets two shots from in close. Should he have made the second save - probably, but why was Lapierre allowed to get two clear shots from in close while three Sabres are nearby?

Goal 4 - Bouillon's wrister from the point - either tipped by Spacek/Campbell, or slightly screened. If not tipped, it should have been stopped.

Goal 5 - Briere's bad giveaway gives Ryder & Higgins a 2-on-1 give-and-go in the slot and Higgins has an empty net to shoot - and he doesn't pull a Teppo.

I never said it was Miller's best game, and you really can't classify a 5-goal game as a good one. But the goals that went in were more of a team effort in crappy PK, poor defense and generally poor defense. Look back, and you'll see that I said there were at least one or two he'd like to have back. But I wouldn't call 4 of the 5 weak, nor would I point the finger of blame at Miller for this game.

Just rolled back the DVR, and here's my take on the Habs' goals.

Goal 1 - Miller does give up a bigger rebound than usual, and Kovalev scores from the sideboards as Koivu lies on top of Miller, thanks to Spacek(?).

Goal 2 - Higgins PP deflection of a shot that looked like it might be going wide

Goal 3 - Lapierre - Scores on 2nd rebound while Paetsch, Lydman and Novotny stand around in front of the net- actually Paetsch is lying on the ice while Lapierre gets two shots from in close. Should he have made the second save - probably, but why was Lapierre allowed to get two clear shots from in close while three Sabres are nearby?

Goal 4 - Bouillon's wrister from the point - either tipped by Spacek/Campbell, or slightly screened. If not tipped, it should have been stopped.

Goal 5 - Briere's bad giveaway gives Ryder & Higgins a 2-on-1 give-and-go in the slot and Higgins has an empty net to shoot - and he doesn't pull a Teppo.

I never said it was Miller's best game, and you really can't classify a 5-goal game as a good one. But the goals that went in were more of a team effort in crappy PK, poor defense and generally poor defense. Look back, and you'll see that I said there were at least one or two he'd like to have back. But I wouldn't call 4 of the 5 weak, nor would I point the finger of blame at Miller for this game.

Goal 4 was deflected. Sabres just couldn't find the back of the net tonight. Their lack of finish lately is worrisome.

Welcome back, DeLuca. Two posts after two consecutive losses. You must miss TBD.

Anyway, agreed on Miller; he just needs a rest.

And on the scoring chances, I liked the fact that the Sabs threw it at the net a little bit tonight. No, it didn't work, but at least they didn't suffer from being too fancy.

I've been here all along. You're just not reading the right threads :blink:

I'll be posting on TBD later in the week. I love how the ladies over there get their panties all bunched :w00t: Sometimes I am laughing so hard I can't type. It has become my favorite thing to do. :nana:

Archived