Man crashes Canadiens' Practice

BuffalOhio

The only problem with this dumb*ss' stunt is that now the teams will probably close practices due to security reasons.

So much for fans with a day off or coming from out of town and getting to watch the morning skates. Going to training camp and sitting in the stands with the GM, 4 media people, and 20 other fans was one of the truly cool things about the NHL. Almost all the players were willing to talk to people and sign autographs after the sessions.

I hope I'm wrong about this one, but I would not be surprised at all to see practices and/or training camps closed to the public before this season is over.

Dave, I thought your prediction was a little crazy until I read Bill Daly's remark. Given how hysterical Americans have gotten after 9-11, I also would not be surprised to see an overreaction to this stunt. Sorry to mix politics with hockey, a mortal sin if there ever was one.

haha thats really brave... but i think that you can acquire the new practice unifroms now... why not just go get one of those and get a visor... unless there now putting names and numbers on the back of the practice ones im pretty sure you could go almost unnoticed through most of the practice.

haha thats really brave... but i think that you can acquire the new practice unifroms now... why not just go get one of those and get a visor... unless there now putting names and numbers on the back of the practice ones im pretty sure you could go almost unnoticed through most of the practice.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=150086&hubname=nhl

If you check out the picture in the link, it looks like he took some of your advice. He is wearing a visor. I also like how the article states that he took a "weak wrist shot,"

If his shot was that bad, he may have stuck out like a sore thumb, even with a practice jersey on.

That's a funny story.

I got to jump on the ice with Miro and Marty about four years ago at the Amherst Pepsi Center right at the end of a Sabres practice. I was walking over to another rink for Skate and Shoot in full gear and Miro waved me on.

I got to feed about 15 one-timers to Miro before I got about 3-4 shots off myself. I think the first one went right into Marty's gut. The two others he picked off with his glove and the other just nicked the the crossbar. Then Corsi waved him in.

Right after that I spoke with Miro for about 5 minutes. I'm fluent in Polish and that is almost identical to Slovakian so we had a decent foreign convo going. He was a real nice guy which is way I always defended his ass.

As we skated off, all these kids were waiting for autographs and the one kid looked at me in my UB practice jersey and said who are you? Haha...

That's as close as I ever got to the pros.

That's a great story PTS! Thanks for sharing it.

But I happen to know that PTS is too modest to tell the rest of the story. There was a fifth shot. From the point. Through traffic. Being the last minute of practice, it beat Marty cleanly.

Yes, I am a bastard. :)

That's a great story PTS! Thanks for sharing it.

But I happen to know that PTS is too modest to tell the rest of the story. There was a fifth shot. From the point. Through traffic. Being the last minute of practice, it beat Marty cleanly.

Yes, I am a bastard. :)

Well, PASabresFan, I didn't want to get into it but yes there was a third skater out there with us. It was a young Ales Kotalik. I was showing him the proper one-timer technique from the point.

Marty never saw it coming. :P

Archived