One of the Best Games of the Year by Sabres

ko12010

That was the best Defensive game played by the Sabres all year. Overall, it was one of the best. It was nice to see us cash in the odd man rushes, 3 for 3 I think. We feasted on teams end of last year and in the playoffs with the odd man rush. I can't remember how many times Danny would pop it over to his right and someone would tap it in. Glad to see that against such a good defensive team in the Devils.

I was so pissed that Miller did not get the shutout, but he was absolutely awesome tonight. When we get Tallinder back and in the groove, we will get that 60 minute shutout of someone. 59 minutes and 20 seconds is really good but we need to get that full game shutout just to know we can do it. We are too good not to. But great game by our D and the team without Drury.

Also, very controlled and disciplined with the penalties, that is definitely something we need to continue.

Also, for those who think the Panthers are the worst in the league, you should take a look at how they play in their games and losses. Yes we played terrible against them, but they are playing the Ducks hard right now and we can't just say we lost to a terrible team. They play hard and no team can be overlooked.

I'm surprised NJ even allowed any odd man rushes. They only have 2 in the offensive zone most of the time.

If we could combine this with the early Flyers drubbing.... yeah!

Two of the odd-mans seem to be Rafalski getting the yips with Briere around, and

Danny picking him clean.

Danny won that game.

having only a crappy video highlight reel to see the goals, can someone explain why miller didn't get an assist on that second goal? looked like a clean outlet to danny.

As soon as it was scored, I thought, "That's an assist for Miller, awesome!"

The only explanation was that Rafalski actually had control of the puck, and then lost it to Briere.

You couldn't see that on TV, because it was at the bottom of the screen. That can be the only explanation, but it's unconfirmed.

Archived