Gainey daughter lost at sea

Doohickie

I don't know what the water temperature is, but I can assure you as a member of the U.S. Coast Guard, without a lifejacket, she will probably not make it. Hypothermia sets in very fast and from there you lose your ability to swim and lose consciousness. You know the rest. Add to the fact that it is very rough water in the North Atlantic, which means swimming is almost impossible.

Very tough break for the Gainey family. I'm sorry to hear of this.

After losing his wife at the young age of 39, this has to be a very tough pill for Gainey to swallow...

"...A member of the hockey Hall of Fame, Gainey won five Stanley Cups with Montreal during a 16-year career from 1973-89. He also won a championship as general manager of the Dallas Stars in 1999. His wife, Cathy, died of brain cancer in 1995 at 39."

After losing his wife at the young age of 39, this has to be a very tough pill for Gainey to swallow...

"...A member of the hockey Hall of Fame, Gainey won five Stanley Cups with Montreal during a 16-year career from 1973-89. He also won a championship as general manager of the Dallas Stars in 1999. His wife, Cathy, died of brain cancer in 1995 at 39."

Gainey had quite a few contacts in the Buffalo area.

I believe he has three other kids that have now lost a mother and sister.

I don't know what the water temperature is, but I can assure you as a member of the U.S. Coast Guard, without a lifejacket, she will probably not make it. Hypothermia sets in very fast and from there you lose your ability to swim and lose consciousness. You know the rest. Add to the fact that it is very rough water in the North Atlantic, which means swimming is almost impossible.

Very tough break for the Gainey family. I'm sorry to hear of this.

68 degrees, according to the article. Not good at all.

Very sad to hear this....Gainey's family obviously doesn't deserve a fate such as this is.

Archived