Ranking our D

tonyboy21

Whos Ranked 1-5 on are sabres D? Whos your best D-man?

I want to see what you guys Rank our D. Yes we have had injurys and some players have played more then others , but i think the sabres D has played good in the most part. Some players have played alot better then others but they have still stayed together and played well.

Here is my Ranking.

BRIAN CAMPBELL

GP27 G4 A16 PTS20 +13 PIM14 PPP4

JAROSLAV SPACEK

GP27 G4 A8 PTS12 +13 PIM22 PPP7

TEPPO NUMMINEN

GP27 G0 A15 PTS15 +2 PIM14 PPP6

TONI LYDMAN

GP18 G0 A7 PTS7 +8 PIM18 PPP0

NATHAN PAETSCH

GP17 G0 A4 PTS4 +2 PIM15 PPP0

Whos Ranked 1-5 on are sabres D? Whos your best D-man?

I want to see what you guys Rank our D. Yes we have had injurys and some players have played more then others , but i think the sabres D has played good in the most part. Some players have played alot better then others but they have still stayed together and played well.

Here is my Ranking.

BRIAN CAMPBELL

GP27 G4 A16 PTS20 +13 PIM14 PPP4

JAROSLAV SPACEK

GP27 G4 A8 PTS12 +13 PIM22 PPP7

TEPPO NUMMINEN

GP27 G0 A15 PTS15 +2 PIM14 PPP6

TONI LYDMAN

GP18 G0 A7 PTS7 +8 PIM18 PPP0

NATHAN PAETSCH

GP17 G0 A4 PTS4 +2 PIM15 PPP0

Where is Tallinder? He IS the best on the team. Also, IMHO one of the best in the league (even if no one notices). Not only that, but he brings out the best in Lydman.

I'm gonna sort of cheat at this, as I don't see any separation between 2-4, so:

1 - Campbell (the best we got at the moment)

2a, 2b, 2c - Lydman, Numminen, Spacek (they all have ugly turnovers at times and they all have their good moments as well)

5 - Paetsch (A distant fifth)

It's been so long since I have seen Tallinder play that assessing his ability is difficult. Breaking the same arm after ten games diminishes his value. If you can't stay on the ice, it doesn't matter how good you are, kinda like Bo Jackson...

Where is Tallinder? He IS the best on the team. Also, IMHO one of the best in the league (even if no one notices). Not only that, but he brings out the best in Lydman.

Yes i know tallinder is our best D-man,but he has been out most of the reason,so i was bascially ranking them on recently.

i was wondering that too, well here is how i see it.

1. Tallinder

2. Campbell

3. Lydman

4. Spacek

5. Teppo

6. Kalinin

7. Paetsch

I generally agree with this, though Kalinin vacillates from night to night in consistency.

Sometimes he is 1 or 8 out of 7. Spacek is surprisingly more physical than I ever expected,

and Paetsch has been turning in some nifty and creative passes in the offensive zone of late.

Tallinder's injury has led to a lot of extra minutes which has hurt the Sabres overall tempo over the

last 3 weeks, but it will be coming back.

I would love to see a stat that shows teams records the two games after playing Buffalo, I bet it

is well under .500 because this D just wears everybody out with its speed.

1. Campbell

2. Spacek

3. Teppo

4. Lydman

5. Paetsch

6. Kalinin

Yeah, I'm a Kalinin basher. If they were to trade one, I would hope he'd be the first to go. If you're a defenseman, your fist priority is to not be a defensive liability.

I didn't include Tallinder at all since he's not playing, but I think Campbell is ahead of him in my mind, just becuase he plays a more physical game. Tallinder is probably just ahead or behind Spacek in my mind. Once he's back in the lineup and gets the kinks out, he'll probably jump ahead of Spacek but I still think Campbell is the better D.

Tallinder and Campbel both play excellent hockey. Campbell is more physical. Offensively, Tallinder has the better point shot but Campbell is better on the rush, hands down.

Archived