HELP! Where can I order the new jersey online?

duey

NHL.com took the link down over a week ago...

[rant]

My obvious disdain for the new logo aside, I cannot understand how they don't have a ton of product available for the Christmas shopping season. I don't understand why NHL.com would take the jerseys off the website instead of putting an "Out of Stock" or "Back Ordered Until [DATE]" message on there. If you are the Sabres, the NHL or Rbk and you're raking in the sales on the new jersey, wouldn't you make damn sure you had enough product for the Christmas shopping season? WTF????

[/rant]

NHL.com took the link down over a week ago...

[rant]

My obvious disdain for the new logo aside, I cannot understand how they don't have a ton of product available for the Christmas shopping season. I don't understand why NHL.com would take the jerseys off the website instead of putting an "Out of Stock" or "Back Ordered Until [DATE]" message on there. If you are the Sabres, the NHL or Rbk and you're raking in the sales on the new jersey, wouldn't you make damn sure you had enough product for the Christmas shopping season? WTF????

[/rant]

i'm pretty sure they did... those things are just THAT popular

Corp, I don't think it's simply a case of fans buying them faster than they can make them. Since the NHL has been trumpeting the Sabres' high October & November merchandise sales, you would think they would be all over Rbk to make sure they had plenty of product for the Christmas shopping season. For a lot of Sabre fans, once they blow their Christmas budgets, there isn't much left over for post-holiday sales...I would guess that the team and the league are going to lose quite a few holiday sales because the world's second-largest athletic apparel manufacturer can't seem to make enough jerseys... :blink:

But I guess we should be glad that they MIGHT have some jerseys by the All-Star break or for the playoffs... <_<

crazy that shop.nhl.com removed the Jersey link from the Sabres page a couple days ago...

Then again you can always go to Ebay...

I ordered my vintage jersey from the Sabres Store 10/20 and I am still waiting for it...

Unless they are making these jerseys in a basement sweatshop, I can't understand why somebody who ordered a jersey almost two months ago doesn't have it yet. I would be bitching up a storm if I was the Sabres organization. Christmas is right around the corner, everybody wants Sabres gear and the supply/selection is limited. :doh:

I agree...though with all the negative feedback the slug got in the off-season, maybe production was started slowly just in case no one bought it.

So they don't have enough material, thread, workers? This is a huge company(Reebok) that should be able to change the amount of product they produce within a week or two based on demand.

I went to River City Sports. They have them (dark home) but it is a 4-6 week ship wait.

Check out the link at:

www.rivercitysports.com

Roughly $145 for a semi-pro jersey with custom name and number. Looks like I'll be getting one for the Birthday instead of Christmas with the wait. You'd think the manufacturer would make thousands of these, ya know? Kinda a no-brainer!!

Labatt, that is what I don't understand - you have the hottest jersey in the league, people can't buy it fast enough, and the 2nd (or 3rd?) largest athletic apparel manufacturer inthe world can't keep up? What, are they too busy making officially-licensed suits for two NFL coaches? :blink:

FWIW, (and as I mentioned before) I don't think it's a case of Rbk simply not being able to keep up; rather, I think it is a combination of factors. I will give them a little benefit of the doubt - I am sure that given the initial backlash to the new logo, Rbk & the NHL probably DID hold back production somewhat. But the jersey has been the hottest seller since October - you can't tell me they didn't notice the NHL shoving that stat down everyone's throats.

So I think it is one of three things:

*Rbk is run by a bunch of poop-flinging monkeys who don't think that having enough product is important for the Christmas shopping season (despite it being the hottest-selling jersey in the NHL);

* Rbk doesn't have enough factories or workers to ramp up production (not likely, but maybe)

* Rbk and the NHL have decided to limit production for some reason - maybe to artificially keep demand high, so the new logo merchandise sales don't drop when the vintage stuff becoms available; or maybe because of the impending changes to the jersey form and design (sleeker, form-fitting, etc.) - its possible Rbk is shifting their focus to the other teams who will be rolling out new logos & jerseys (like Toronto...)

Maybe I am completely wrong and these are just standard production delays...but that begs the following question: what is going to happen next year when 20+ teams roll out new jerseys? How the hell will Rbk be able to keep up with that size project?

Hawerchuk - it's good to see that Rbk is letting CCM start firing out some product - especially since CCM is owned by Rbk...

Archived