New NHL - SAbres are not soft

VABUFFALOFAN

I am new to the board but have been a Sabres fan all of my life. It is the buffalo genes in me. I have read alot of posts that talk about the Sabres lacking toughness and not reacting properly to teamates getting taken out, but I think these posters are not familiar with the harsh penalties in the new NHL. The "instigation" penalty that was assessed during the Washington game is the NHL's way to curb on ice incidents. If a player is assessed that penalty in the last 5 minutes of play or in any overtime it is an automatic one game suspension along with a fine to player and coach under the new rules. Additionally any instigation penalty or game misconduct is reviewed by the NHL for additional remifications. Player do morehurt to there own teams by fighting under the new rules. I believe the AO got what he deserved as far as the retaliation goes but I was glad the retalation stopped when it did. I was at the game and OA made no atempt to defend himself from the pummeling he took after the hit. Also for those who reccomended that the player really take it to him please remember that an NHL player was held criminally responsible for an on ice hit during a game. The best retaliation is playing hard and winning, in todays NHL there is little room for fighting. Just look at the points, and come from behind victories, that is what shows a teams toughness

Also a side note, you can get sabres/capitals tickets for 10-15 dollars a ticket and the seats are good. There is no sweater revenge that filling thier house with blue and gold!

I am new to the board but have been a Sabres fan all of my life. It is the buffalo genes in me. I have read alot of posts that talk about the Sabres lacking toughness and not reacting properly to teamates getting taken out, but I think these posters are not familiar with the harsh penalties in the new NHL. The "instigation" penalty that was assessed during the Washington game is the NHL's way to curb on ice incidents. If a player is assessed that penalty in the last 5 minutes of play or in any overtime it is an automatic one game suspension along with a fine to player and coach under the new rules. Additionally any instigation penalty or game misconduct is reviewed by the NHL for additional remifications. Player do morehurt to there own teams by fighting under the new rules. I believe the AO got what he deserved as far as the retaliation goes but I was glad the retalation stopped when it did. I was at the game and OA made no atempt to defend himself from the pummeling he took after the hit. Also for those who reccomended that the player really take it to him please remember that an NHL player was held criminally responsible for an on ice hit during a game. The best retaliation is playing hard and winning, in todays NHL there is little room for fighting. Just look at the points, and come from behind victories, that is what shows a teams toughness

Also a side note, you can get sabres/capitals tickets for 10-15 dollars a ticket and the seats are good. There is no sweater revenge that filling thier house with blue and gold!

Unless the player is a Coyote.

VABUFFALOFAN wrote:

"Also a side note, you can get sabres/capitals tickets for 10-15 dollars a ticket and the seats are good. There is no sweater revenge that filling thier house with blue and gold!"

What "good" seats are $10 to $15 at the Verizon Center? List price for cheapest seats (which are not good in my opinion) are about $30. The next level seats are $50 retail and still not considered good by many.

upper concourse tickets at the April Caps/Sabres game at verizon center are $10.00 with 3.50 service fee. Considering the difficulty getting tickets in buffalo, that is one heck of a deal. I have sat in every section in hockey arena's and I am a firm beleiver that higher is better. (there are always exceptions, I am aware!) For the price it is worth it, now the 7.00 beers that is an issue in and of itself.

Archived