Briere talking about Peters fight...

wudden

Did anyone catch the clip of Briere talking about how the Peters' fight right after Tampa scored changed the momentum of the game. I won't try to quote him, but he said that the fight slowed things down, gave the guys a breather, let them regroup, and really made a case for fighting. I was surprised to hear that from him, because I don't believe he was asked to comment on the fight, he just did. Very interesting.

I'm glad someone else caught that as well. I posted the following in the Game Day discussion thread:

"I had to laugh at the crazy props that Briere gave to Peters in the post-game interview with Lorentz. Peters apparently suggested they alter the order of their pre-game warmups somehow, and then Briere praised him for sparking the team/calming the game down with his fight in the 1st period. I don't mean to turn this into an Andrew Peters thread, I just thought it was interesting to hear Briere speak so much about Peters on a night when his hat trick clinched the game for the team.

Whether you like Peters in the lineup or not, it was classy of Briere to go out of his way to praise his play. I think it's things like this that go a long ways to keep the team so close in the dressing room."

say what you want about peters or fighting in general, but it really did turn things around. roy was looking for a bout as it was his first game back with tampa, and peters knew the team was playing like crap up to that point.

...or maybe it was nothing more than a coincedence. <_<

Very debatable about it last night, but i definetly give credit to Peters for helping us win in Detriot earlier this season and last night it seemed like a similar game for him.

Either way, well done! But i'd still prefer to see Paille on the 4th line and ATTACK the cr@p out of teams. lol

Very debatable about it last night, but i definetly give credit to Peters for helping us win in Detriot earlier this season and last night it seemed like a similar game for him.

Either way, well done! But i'd still prefer to see Paille on the 4th line and ATTACK the cr@p out of teams. lol

Detroit yes, but a turning point 2:30 into the game i think not.

maybe it was briere publically praising some of his teamates for sticking up physically for some of our stars?

after the ovechckin cheap shot, and some brutal games where the other side took the wood to us, we have to be remindd that physicality is still aprt of the game, and we ned some bangers/grinders on the ice too.

Archived