SabreSpace.com invades Washington DC....

Two or less

Sorry to bring up an old topic.... but i got back late last night from DC around 9pm and went stright to do my girl priorities, so i wasn't able to post last night, since i had classes today.

First off, it was awesome meeting many members, although, no disrespect to anyone, i only remember SDS! lol. Another guy from this board bought me a beer and i forgot his user name, i was pretty wasted. My crew of 3 arrived in DC at 8am or so, visited and drove around, then passed out in our hotel til 230, took shots then went to Fado's, so we were pretty buzzed on our way to the bar. I think our tab, for the 3 of us was $90 at Fado's but we bought 3 dishes of food for like $8 each, so yeah, we were on our way esspicially since i got 2 free beers from people!

SDS, i wanted to thank you for making the "SabreSpace.com" banner. If i had extra money i would have donated but i honestly didn't. But it was an awesome atmoshere and i talked to many people who were amazed at someone would actually make a banner for a Sabres fan site. SDS was a god at Fado's... one guy asked me where he was sitting and was like, i NEED TO SHAKE HIS HAND! lol.

We got to the arena at about 7 for the warm-ups. The place was awesome with atmoshere, little security so people were jumping on the glass, hitting the boards. It was a great atmoshere. Danny Briere lifted a puck into the crowd which i cought and it's sitting on my desk right now!

Obviously the game didn't go our way. But like someone said, i forget if it was the kids i saw on route 15 on the way home or on here or another board, but, despite 3-0 or 5-2, the feeling in the crowd was that we were coming back, it was our night, we can do it. No one ever stopped believing. So that was definetly a good sight. The little fight after Briere got hit was funny and the fan getting into it with the mascot was great. Their mascot is a joke.

After the game, we were going to go to Fado's, but the line was massive, so we went to another irish bar, down some street like 10min from Fado's, and like all the bars near that arena, it was full of Sabres fans. Although, a few Capitals workers like video operator was there and we mocked the caps and drank beers with them. The Caps guy was real cool, despite dissing his team and fans, he showed lots of respect to Buffalo fans for our passion and willingness to travel, and even bought 5 people (me, my friend and 3 others) a shot.

We left downtown around 230am to go to our hotel via the metro, and seriously, there was like 25 people waiting for the red line... about 15 were Sabres fans. People on the other side waiting for their train were yelling, we even started a LETS GO BUFFALO chant while waiting for the metro. It was insane... we got off at our exit at Dupont Circle, walked to our hotel which was very close to the White House, and for some reason we had a cop fallow us from Dupont circle to our hotel... LOL idk, maybe he thought we looked sketchy near the white house or maybe he wasn't pleased we were yelling LETS GO BUFFALO at 3am in middle of DC? lol

I'll post pictures later tonight or tomorrow while in school!

My friend Mike and I rolled in about 4:30 pm and Fado's already had plenty of fans there, but not too crowded. After we ate - DCSabres and his life partner Roy :lol: came in and we moved to a corner table. That was the best move of the night. We had lots of breathing room to hang out.

Within the hour the place was PACKED. Junk to ass as far as the eye could see. Just a sea of Sabres fans being led by Briere48's "Let's Go Buffalo" chants every 2 minutes (along with Mighty Taco, Sabres on the Warpath, and Shout!).

Some poor Flyers fan had the balls to walk in and he was greated with a VERY loud "Flyer's Suck" chant that went on for quite sometime.

I saw Briere48, Hirly5, Runthedamnball, Bighph, DCSabres, and a few others. Tim (Bighph) sat next to us at Fado's and he came up big with a sign we hung up. As I was standing on my chair trying to jam the edge of the sign into some fixture , so that it would stay up - the waitress walks over like she was going to kill me. I just turned around, looked at her and asked, "do you have a thumbtack?" :lol:

She incredulously said "No, I don't have thumbtack!", like I asked her for a favor or something. :rolleyes: I told her to back off because I had the owner's permission.

At the game there were 6-10 year old children chanting "Sabres Suck" as their adoring parents listened proudly.... Well done! <_>

The game sucked and there wasn't a lot to cheer about, but everytime we scored we got the place rocking. I'm thinking 4,000 Sabre fans there.

All in all - it was a lot of fun. I'm glad I went and it was good to meet some people here!

My friend Mike and I rolled in about 4:30 pm and Fado's already had plenty of fans there, but not too crowded. After we ate - DCSabres and his life partner Roy :lol: came in and we moved to a corner table. That was the best move of the night. We had lots of breathing room to hang out.

My WIFE is my life partner. Roy is a coworker. Scott, I couldn't help but notice how much you turned red everytime you looked at him. :wub: Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Bwahahahahaha!

SDS, i wanted to thank you for making the "SabreSpace.com" banner. If i had extra money i would have donated but i honestly didn't. But it was an awesome atmoshere and i talked to many people who were amazed at someone would actually make a banner for a Sabres fan site. SDS was a god at Fado's... one guy asked me where he was sitting and was like, i NEED TO SHAKE HIS HAND! lol.

That was Tim, bighph, who did that. He made it on his plotter for pro bono! Thanks Tim!

A for #2, there was a loud "SDS! SDS!" chant going when I hung the banner. Thanks guys! :blush: :thumbsup:

Within the hour the place was PACKED. Junk to ass as far as the eye could see. Just a sea of Sabres fans being led by Briere48's "Let's Go Buffalo" chants every 2 minutes (along with Mighty Taco, Sabres on the Warpath, and Shout!).

Some poor Flyers fan had the balls to walk in and he was greated with a VERY loud "Flyer's Suck" chant that went on for quite sometime.

The Mighty Taco chant was classic...damn, I must have been right in the middle of you guys...Scott, I never saw you though.

if you saw the banner on the wall - I was sitting right under it.

Rat farts!...saw the banner, walked over and someone was cleaning off the table. It was about 7:30 when I finally looked up and saw the banner. :wallbash:

Jeeziz, Mr. Fado made some money off us Saturday night...btw, Caps season ticket holder friend of mine sez it was a very impressive showing by the Sabre fans. Reminded him of the times about twelve years ago when the Jagr-Lemieux led Pens would come to DC and the arena was half Pen fans.

Archived