Another take on Ovechkin

PASabreFan

First off, I don't really think Ovechkin is going to be a dirty player in this league. He has no history of it, and the look on his face after the hit indicated shock at himself and maybe a bit of remorse.

When I started thinking about it, the hit should almost be taken as a compliment. When was the last time the Sabres were somebody's "game of the year"? When was the last time we were THAT team that others want to drill, to do anything to beat? We have a target on our backs -- at least Danny did. And there's the rub with the dilemma of being far and away the best team in the conference. When will the Sabres have a game THEY desperately need and want to win? When they won't mind sending (insert name of one of opponents' best players) into Kingdom Come?

When's the first day of the playoffs?

First off, I don't really think Ovechkin is going to be a dirty player in this league. He has no history of it, and the look on his face after the hit indicated shock at himself and maybe a bit of remorse.

When I started thinking about it, the hit should almost be taken as a compliment. When was the last time the Sabres were somebody's "game of the year"? When was the last time we were THAT team that others want to drill, to do anything to beat? We have a target on our backs -- at least Danny did. And there's the rub with the dilemma of being far and away the best team in the conference. When will the Sabres have a game THEY desperately need and want to win? When they won't mind sending (insert name of one of opponents' best players) into Kingdom Come?

When's the first day of the playoffs?

I agree about the hit. I was pissed as hell when it happened, but he hardley cross checked him or threw everything into it. It looked like a push that caught Briere at the wrong time, and pushes like that happen all the time. It was mildly hostile but not an attempt to injure

Archived