TSN Calling the game from between the benches

BuffalOhio

Not reallly partial to this argument either way, but the intro of the yellow ten yard line in football made the game much better... Reverse angle in football helped as well. I like the goal camera.

Some experimentation is good, some bad, Remember when NBC used an announcerless game? Wasn't that the Bills-Jets?

Yeah, they DID improve the broadcasts slightly, but most of them still suck badly.

The worst part about most sports broadcasts is that the announcing team has ADD, and no one cares.

You want innovative...Many moons ago during a Buffalo storm when he was stuck at home, Ted Darling did the play by play of a game while watching it on his TV set! That my friends is innovative, this is just plain dumb.

Great thought LB. Just to fill in a few details, It was no typical Buffalo storm. It was the Blizzard of '77! Only 14 Sabres made it onto the plane to Montreal. Amazingly, they tied the powerhouse Habs 3-3. The date was January 29.

Remember when Jeanneret called a few games from the stands?

I find it kind of funny how everyone flips out as soon as someone says they are going to TRY something new. Sure it could be the worst idea ever and not pan out. What does that mean, we had bad announcing for 1 game. It can't be any worse than a broadcast on NESN, and I have to deal with at least 8 of those a year.

It could also end up working really well. Let them try it for 1 game.

I find it kind of funny how everyone flips out as soon as someone says they are going to TRY something new. Sure it could be the worst idea ever and not pan out. What does that mean, we had bad announcing for 1 game. It can't be any worse than a broadcast on NESN, and I have to deal with at least 8 of those a year.

i guess I'm just a subscriber to "if its not broke, don't fix it"

But we're Sabres fans and we complain about everything.

Archived