OT Proud dad posts video of his

Knightrider

Maybe no one else will be interested, but I am pretty excited that I stumbled upon this toddler skating class. Sure beats gymnastics, which costs about the same...

The video is a little choppy as I'm a little new to youtube and am not terribly good ad the editing yet, but...

That's pretty wild. I would have thought that was too young. Some of those kids can really motor. Looks like a couple of major leaguers on the way..

I stumbled upon this totally by chance. I was in a parking lot with the boys watching a backhoe and loader work on a street. A woman police officer walked over, and stuck up a conversation. Turned out she had a boy a month older than my guys, who was about 6 lessons in. Supposedly, he cried the first four lessons and then had taken off.

Anyway, for those in the Boston (actually West Concord) area, here is a link for the program - Sharper Edge Skating.

• 1 month later...

So cool KR! Awesome video!!!! Keep at it!

I think it was somebody here that said skating is a skill that you "lose" if you don't keep at it... I believe it... Got my 8 year old son going out with me about 3 times a week for the last 2 months and things have really progressed for the both of us... Quite a little motor the youngin's have!

Warning, sickly competitive father-child game below:

With my son, we play this game of "tag"... I call it "Guppy in the Tank" :D ... Basically, the only safe spots or "bases" are the blue paint of the goal crease (nets removed)... I figured that is a cool place because it is out in the open, no cheating on the wall!... You can really practice stopping in a tight area too... My son thinks he is real slick and he "runs" from me and tries to hit the base by slidding/cheating... But, he skids right through... :blink: ... So in my best Sabre fashion, I just coast :D and cruise to behind the goal line and "cherry pick" him off with a loving "face wash" (for some sick reason he gets the biggest kick out of that!) as he crashes through the paint... He is getting good, tonight he was sticking it standing up and I couldn't get him to well... When he is "it", he has been burning me on the start, seems the little guy can pick me off before I get lumbering... I got about 200 pounds on him! :blink: I have been using a new trick, using the reflection in the glass... I have know doubt that he will catch on to that though!

Archived