GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

8pm

hecht should be back, as this injury was just an illness... hopefully he's taking his medications and he'll be ready to roll... If not, i'm sure ryan can fill in for one more game and hopefully not score -1 goals. I believe i heard in the toronto postgame that lindy stated lydman may be able to go or at least be a gametime decision. That's a huge upgrade. Now, if this team really wants to make a statement that "they're back" after coming close to being back with the pack over the past couple of weeks, its time to lay another 7 on the habs. After that toronto game, i really think this team has its mojo working. My prediction buffalo 6 montreal 1. hope its right, as i'm probably going to this game too. gotta make it 2 for 2 for my thanksgiving trip home!

Edit: oops... i set the thread to open tomorrow morning, but forgot to set it to invisible... so since you all got to read my thoughts but not respond, i'll open it now. Sorry, my bad!

Max, at least have the decency to haul down Souray at the blueline with 3 seconds left after you set up a nice 3 on 2 for Montreal.

Exactly what I thought, but I added in the fact that a penalty at 2 seconds left in OT results in nothing negative for the shoot out. I mean, Max had his stick on him already, just tug harder.

If you want to blame Max, i can see how and i kinda see the arguement, but, in tonight's game? No way.... Montreal came into the game defense first and to close down our shooting lane and they did a GREAT job of that. We couldn't set plays up, their defense limited the number of guys we could send to the net and their defense slowed down our offense, but Max was by far the best player on the ice for Buffalo. He was setting up, he had turnovers but he also created more then anybody else. We were unlucky, Novotny could have scored 2 goals but didn't get good looks but the play was there all set up for him by Max.

Either way, blaming Max for this game is pretty much just stupid.

If you want to blame Max, i can see how and i kinda see the arguement, but, in tonight's game? No way.... Montreal came into the game defense first and to close down our shooting lane and they did a GREAT job of that. We couldn't set plays up, their defense limited the number of guys we could send to the net and their defense slowed down our offense, but Max was by far the best player on the ice for Buffalo. He was setting up, he had turnovers but he also created more then anybody else. We were unlucky, Novotny could have scored 2 goals but didn't get good looks but the play was there all set up for him by Max.

Either way, blaming Max for this game is pretty much just stupid.

I don't recall blaming Max for this game, except for that last three seconds, which I'll be happy to recap for you.

Max has his stick on Souray, and lets him go - Souray scores. I then mention it would've been nice of Max to honor his defensive responsibilities when he was responsible for the breakout by Montreal.

I don't remember saying anything about the rest of the game.

Either way I'm over it. Our fourth loss of the year, with a lot of injuries.

But I honestly don't think there's any reason to call people stupid for having an opinion that differs from yours?

I don't recall blaming Max for this game, except for that last three seconds, which I'll be happy to recap for you.

Max has his stick on Souray, and lets him go - Souray scores. I then mention it would've been nice of Max to honor his defensive responsibilities when he was responsible for the breakout by Montreal.

I don't remember saying anything about the rest of the game.

Either way I'm over it. Our fourth loss of the year, with a lot of injuries.

But I honestly don't think there's any reason to call people stupid for having an opinion that differs from yours?

don't worry, i'm sure he'll be hearing the exact same thing from lindy today...if he didn't last night.

Actually, if Vanek buries his chance, game over. It should never have gotten to that point.

Ryan, Paille, Stafford all looked like rookies last night.

I remember saying to my brother-in-law after the second that they probaby were going to lose the game. Sabres owned the second and could only manage a goal.

Actually, if Vanek buries his chance, game over. It should never have gotten to that point.

Ryan, Paille, Stafford all looked like rookies last night.

I remember saying to my brother-in-law after the second that they probaby were going to lose the game. Sabres owned the second and could only manage a goal.

I thought Paille looked better then that, blocked some shots, helped save a goal............ :thumbsup: