This Day in Sabres History: November 22nd

PASabreFan

November 22, 2000

The Sabres are on an 8-0-2 unbeaten streak at HSBC Arena to start the season when they unveil their third jerseys for a Thanksgiving Eve game with the Philadelphia Flyers. A near-sellout crowd makes it to the arena despite one of the worst snowstorms in Buffalo history just two days earlier and watches as the Flyers carve up the Butterknives, 3-1.

November 22, 2005

The Sabres retire Danny Gare¹s number 18 in ceremonies before the Sabres lose in a shootout to the Rangers.

November 22, 2000

The Sabres are on an 8-0-2 unbeaten streak at HSBC Arena to start the season when they unveil their third jerseys for a Thanksgiving Eve game with the Philadelphia Flyers. A near-sellout crowd makes it to the arena despite one of the worst snowstorms in Buffalo history just two days earlier and watches as the Flyers carve up the Butterknives, 3-1.

I was supposed to be at that game, however i was stuck out of town because of the storm

I was supposed to be at that game, however i was stuck out of town because of the storm

Somehow I made it in for that game. I think I flew in and went directly to the game from the airport. God I hated all the delays and cancelations on every flight I ever took while in college (yeah, not very long ago).

I was at the rangers game, thats when Mika came in for the shootout cause marty got banged up.. that was a fun one, cept for the whole losing thing

Other way around. Mika got hurt so Marty came in cold.

I was at the rangers game, thats when Mika came in for the shootout cause marty got banged up.. that was a fun one, cept for the whole losing thing

No, Mika started... Biron came in for the shootout. Effing Mika, I thought he had arrived. It was his second straight start. I always held him in higher regard than Marty... oh well, i guess i was wrong.

Archived