The worst part of the Ottawa loss...

Rabbit151

besides the general lack of spirit the team played with, was that Ottawa ownership was waiting to dismantle the team.

The owner, president, GM, even the lawyer were all at the game and despite the fact that Muckler said the owner had full confidence in he and his staff, you knew the hammer was coming down if a 9-1 drubbing could have occurred.

The TSN guys alluded to it, and it was palpable, even through the TV that this was a make or break game. After the Sabres scored the first one, I thought that perhaps the rout was on. Pierre McGuire pointed out several times that the Sens looked like a team uninterested and ready to lose, their spirit broken and fear in their eyes as they looked across the ice at their nemesis.

By the end of the game the Sens were acting like they had just eliminated a team from the play-offs in a huge upset. They were shocked, and elated, and the worst part of all....re-gaining their confidence.

It's not so bad that the Sabres lost, it's just a shame that the Sens were ready to fold and the Sabres dropped the ball (and JP Losman wasn't even playing). A beating by Buffalo may have ended their season...no kidding. If not last night, then a loss to the Sabres at home would surely have seen firings and or trades, major trades by the Sens.

That win last night may bring back the powerful Sens we've known for the past few years. That's the worst part of last nights loss.

you never know, they might lay an egg their next game, they were having a bad season for a reason, things aint gonna change dramatically just bc of one win....look at the bills.... F ottawa....i like how you threw in losman into your post..... ive had it with that guy too....Losman, aka Opera man, (adam sandler from SNL)

besides the general lack of spirit the team played with, was that Ottawa ownership was waiting to dismantle the team.

The owner, president, GM, even the lawyer were all at the game and despite the fact that Muckler said the owner had full confidence in he and his staff, you knew the hammer was coming down if a 9-1 drubbing could have occurred.

The TSN guys alluded to it, and it was palpable, even through the TV that this was a make or break game. After the Sabres scored the first one, I thought that perhaps the rout was on. Pierre McGuire pointed out several times that the Sens looked like a team uninterested and ready to lose, their spirit broken and fear in their eyes as they looked across the ice at their nemesis.

By the end of the game the Sens were acting like they had just eliminated a team from the play-offs in a huge upset. They were shocked, and elated, and the worst part of all....re-gaining their confidence.

It's not so bad that the Sabres lost, it's just a shame that the Sens were ready to fold and the Sabres dropped the ball (and JP Losman wasn't even playing). A beating by Buffalo may have ended their season...no kidding. If not last night, then a loss to the Sabres at home would surely have seen firings and or trades, major trades by the Sens.

That win last night may bring back the powerful Sens we've known for the past few years. That's the worst part of last nights loss.

The flip side of that is Alfie will continue to be the team's leader, the coach continues to have as much personality as Ted Sator on valium, and the guys that brought Gerber to town for big bucks are still there as well. Being a Sabres fan, I don't necessarily see those as bad things.

Actually, I only threw Losman into the post 'cause I know all you Buffalo folks cheer for the Bills and I see y'all debate the worth of Losman once in a while. Figured I'd insult him just because. (BTW, he really is brutal. The Bills need to cut bait and move onto the next prospect)

I'm not from Buffalo, and I'm certainly not a fan of the Bills (although I find myself cheering for them more often than not).

I usually root for the Raiders, Rams and mostly Steelers in the NFL.

Anyways, we'll see what happens for both teams these next 2 games. I'm scared the Senators may wake up and realize they are a good team.

Actually, I only threw Losman into the post 'cause I know all you Buffalo folks cheer for the Bills and I see y'all debate the worth of Losman once in a while. Figured I'd insult him just because. (BTW, he really is brutal. The Bills need to cut bait and move onto the next prospect)

I'm not from Buffalo, and I'm certainly not a fan of the Bills (although I find myself cheering for them more often than not).

I usually root for the Raiders, Rams and mostly Steelers in the NFL.

Anyways, we'll see what happens for both teams these next 2 games. I'm scared the Senators may wake up and realize they are a good team.

Even if they do the Sabres are a better team. :thumbsup:

The flip side of that is Alfie will continue to be the team's leader, the coach continues to have as much personality as Ted Sator on valium, and the guys that brought Gerber to town for big bucks are still there as well. Being a Sabres fan, I don't necessarily see those as bad things.

DING DING DING! We have a winner....

And please, for all that is holy, let's not turn SabreSpace into the same zoo that is TSW...let's keep the Losman bickering, draft arguments and coach/GM criticisms on the other board...

so we can focus on other team's coaches & GMs, our alleged goalie controversies and bickering over Peters' worth. ;)

My sense is that this is a done deal. They are just waiting. Tonight they lose to Jersey and then the Sabres take them on their home ice. One game does not buy you a reprieve. They just want the circumstances to warrant the results. Everyone knows this is coming. The sooner they get it over with, the better.

Archived