Laviolette is delusional

Ramsey05

i've given up on taking potshots or snickering at other franchises' attendance woes -- our ability to maintain our team depends in large part on each and every other franchise filling its arena. on some level, we all need to fans and boosters of the nhl as a whole.

I agree that it would be better for the NHL as a whole if all teams were able to sell out every night. But last night's game just reaffirms what I have been saying all along, this is not nor will it ever be a strong hockey markey. That game last night was as big as it gets for November in the NHL and they get about 11000 (3000 of which were blue and gold supporters) fans at a the game? It's unacceptable.

This is from a Raliegh paper: Attendance was announced at 14,387, only the third non-sellout in eight home games for Carolina this season.

5 sellouts for early in the season isn't too shabby to be honest. It took the Sabres well into January before they hit 5 sellouts last year I believe (I DO realize that last year was coming off a lockout and the Sabres were not STANLEY CUP CHAMPS).

Archived