Too much time between games...

inkman

Can't argue that...

Although I wouldn't want to have to work on a schedule of that size, how come there are such big swings in this year's schedule? 5 days off, 3 games in 4 night, 4 days off, back-to-back, etc... Seems very weird...

This has been said a couple of times since the season started, the schedule plain sucks.........Buffalo has so many cities it can make quick travels to for games, waiting this long between games is boring and stupid................ :angry:

it'll even out at the end though, when we have games every other night...

The schedule is kind of weird this year. How does Atlanta already have 4 less games played. Reminds me of a few years back when a Leafs fan kept telling me at a game that the Sabres and Leafs were tied for first, and didn't understand that when you're tied and one team has played more games, it's not exactly a tie.

10 games in the next 17 days should take care of any "Jonesin" you are experiencing. It's gonna be nuthin but Sabres for the next few weeks. Drink up! :beer:

After the Bills get 40-50 points hung on them this weekend in Indy, their season will be officially over and once the firestorm subsides, Western New York will have lots of hockey to take their mind off of it.

Hopefully after that happens, some of the TSW crazies don't migrate over here...I don't think I can take too many goalie controversy threads, threads about why Lindy is a bad coach or Darcy is a bad GM, or threads bashing our draft...

The schedule is kind of weird this year. How does Atlanta already have 4 less games played. Reminds me of a few years back when a Leafs fan kept telling me at a game that the Sabres and Leafs were tied for first, and didn't understand that when you're tied and one team has played more games, it's not exactly a tie.

I was just arguing with a Leafs fan friend of mine and he was going on that if they win tonight against the Bruins, Toronto is only 2 points behind Buffalo. So I said to him that it is only because they Leafs have played more games. And in typical Leafs fan fashion, he answers "So, its not our fault the way the schedule was made", That had to be just as bad as the Leafs fans gloating to Sabres fans about how many stanley cups they have won when all their cups were won before the Sabres were even in the NHL.

Although he did try to get me back by also saying that it was ok, the Leafs will make up for those extra games when they beat the Sabres head to head the rest of the season. I got him back though, I told him thats fine, the Sabres will win when it counts, in the playoffs when they go 16-0 and Toronto is 4 under Par <Cue Andrew Peters Golf Swing>

10 games in the next 17 days should take care of any "Jonesin" you are experiencing. It's gonna be nuthin but Sabres for the next few weeks. Drink up! :beer:

I was sort of hoping it would be slow for a little while longer. It would cut down the number of games Max would miss. He's been hurt a week and has only missed one game so far. Tallinder has been hurt for two weeks and has only missed 4 games. I think that it has worked in the Sabres favor.

Archived