Realistic?

JujuFish

Max and Danny are both on pace for 100 point seasons, and Vanek is on pace for a 99.6 point season. Now, Max is going to be out for several games, so he'll probably be out of the mix. But is it realistic to think that Briere or Vanek could reach that pinnacle? I think if Briere stays healthy, he will reach it. I also think that Vanek won't make it this year, but at some point in the near future, he will be at that level.

Max, Drury, Vanek and Pominville are all on pace for 45+ goal seasons. Do you think any of them will reach the 40 goal mark? Danny Briere may have finally found his goal scoring touch, so he could be included in this mix as well.

Edit: I meant 40 goal in the title, not 50. Woops.

Max and Danny are both on pace for 100 point seasons, and Vanek is on pace for a 99.6 point season. Now, Max is going to be out for several games, so he'll probably be out of the mix. But is it realistic to think that Briere or Vanek could reach that pinnacle? I think if Briere stays healthy, he will reach it. I also think that Vanek won't make it this year, but at some point in the near future, he will be at that level.

Max, Drury, Vanek and Pominville are all on pace for 45+ goal seasons. Do you think any of them will reach the 40 goal mark? Danny Briere may have finally found his goal scoring touch, so he could be included in this mix as well.

Edit: I meant 40 goal in the title, not 50. Woops.

I think that Drury, Pominville, Max, and Vanek will all reach the 30 goal plateau. I don't know if anyone will reach 40, possibly Max if he can get back in the groove soon. Danny I think will get over 80 points. I think he's still missing the amazing chemistry he had with Dumont last season. if he can get that with Pominville he may get to 90. Vanek should get close to 70 points.

Max's injury will make it tough for him, but check out these numbers since March1 last year ... obviously this is regular season games only ... the Sabres have played 40 games over that stretch (26 last season, 14 this season) ... point is, not just a hot start for Max and Briere.

Top NHL Scorers since March 1, 2006

Mats Sundin 58 pts

Jaromir Jagr 57 pts

Sidney Crosby 55 pts

Joe Thornton 52 pts

Max Afinogenov 52 pts

Daniel Briere 51 pts

I think it will be hard for any Sabre to score 40 considering that they

roll lines and have so much balance. It is hard to give one guy that much ice time on this team.

But with todays game yielding so many powerplays (except when playing certain teams) I think a couple could easily get to 40

Archived