Still trying to adjust to the new Sabres logo

wmichsked

I've gotten over the shape of it, but what's bothering me now is the color. Whether you want to call it gold, yellow-gold or yellow, when it gets wet (which happens about five minutes into the game), it darkens. It looks almost the exact shade of the fakey-fake orange of the cheese sauce served on the nachos. When you see a tight camera shot showing only the top of the logo, it looks like the top of a wheel of really cheap cheese. Not the effect Reebok or the Sabres were after, I'm thinking... :oops:

I've gotten over the shape of it, but what's bothering me now is the color. Whether you want to call it gold, yellow-gold or yellow, when it gets wet (which happens about five minutes into the game), it darkens. It looks almost the exact shade of the fakey-fake orange of the cheese sauce served on the nachos. When you see a tight camera shot showing only the top of the logo, it looks like the top of a wheel of really cheap cheese. Not the effect Reebok or the Sabres were after, I'm thinking... :oops:

I got my new Pominville jersey yesterday. I also had my original white Perreault jersey with me. I compared the gold on both jerseys and it's identical. If this effect is happening now, it happened before too. It probably just wasn't as obvious since there is now more gold on the jerseys than there was in the past.

Good, if I spill my nachos, no one will notice.

I may have to get used to it -- I won't let it get in the way of my support for the team -- but I will never like it.

My jersey proposal: Make the slug into an alternate/3rd jersey. Replace the logo on the current home & road sweaters with something that updates the Sabres' traditional logo with a more modern feel. I suggest the Celsius-designed head-on buffalo in front of crossed sabres.

I agree with Bmwolf21 that the Celsius design that he has linked is a great blend of old and new. I played around a lot with that design and ended up with my avatar. I stretched the head-width wise to look less like a white devil and more like a white buffalo, then expanded it to make it look like it was coming out at you. I also went with a little different sabre orientation and changed the shading on the blade to something closers to the old red third jersey logo. I know we probably won't get anything new any time soon, but that would be my idea of a great mix of old and new.

Archived