I'm Chris Drury...Yankees fan

inkman

I don't like the Yankees because of the cocky-bastard-ness that seems to pour out of Derek Jeter, and the fact that every male Yankees fan from the NY Metro area under age 30 tries to act just like him. If he were gone and/or lost his posuer fan club I probably wouldn't despise them so much.

:thumbsup:

I don't like the Yankees because of the cocky-bastard-ness that seems to pour out of Derek Jeter, and the fact that every male Yankees fan from the NY Metro area under age 30 tries to act just like him. If he were gone and/or lost his posuer fan club I probably wouldn't despise them so much.

i'm not a baseball fan... i'm not a yankees fan... i'm not a sox fan. i could care less... however, as an outsider, i see derek jeter as a classy guy who plays to win, has hall of fame skills and ability, and is about the most clutch player of the current generation. I guess that's why he's totally hated... sorta like lindy "fluff" in the NHL or tom brady in the nfl.

I don't watch the World Series unless the Cleveland Indians are in it. Otherwise, it just interferes with watching hockey.

Same here - I've liked the Cards for a while (big fan of Pujols) but I couldn't really get into the World Series this year. And a general observation - it seems like the MLB playoffs kind of sneak up on us - its like end of season - bam! - 1st round of the playoffs are over a couple days later.

This flies in the face of all the traditionalists, but I really think there should be a few more teams in the playoffs - nothing sucks more than the start of September with your team 15+ games out of a playoff spot.

BTW, even as an Indians fan, I would take Jeter in a Tribe uniform in a second. I don't get that cocky persona from him (I do see it in A-Rod) but like Lindy Ruff & Tom Brady, the guys is clutch and just plain WINS.

Maybe because the Yankees represent everything that is wrong in sports

To start, i'm a Cubs fan. Now, i must disagree with you. How do the Yankees represent everything that is wrong in sports? Why? because they don't have a cheap ass owner that isn't as worried about profit but just wants the best team to win?

Quite a few owners in MLB are much richer then Steinbrenner. Steinbrenner is just willing to use the most.

I think a lot of the Yankee hatred is due to the constant media attention they're given. The same goes for the Red Sox.

My neighbor is from St. Louis and is a die-hard Cardinals' fan... He hates the Yankees... You wanna know why?

Because the Yankees get all the prime-time games in the playoffs (really, the divisional series) while the Cards have to get the earlier starting games...

Boo... Hoo... Hoo.. :cry: :cry:

:)

Archived