11 games into the season...

nfreeman

Mine are:

1. Miller

2. Drury

3. Max

Other awards:

MVP -- Miller

Most improved -- Vanek, Pominville, Kalinin, Novotny (couldn't pick one)

Best defenseman -- Tallinder

Best PP -- Drury, Briere

Best PK (non-goalie) -- Tallinder

Best 5-on-5 (non-goalie) -- Max

Best 4-on-4 (non-goalie) -- Max, Briere

Best checking forward -- Hecht, Gaustad

Best forward around the net -- Vanek

Best offensive defenseman -- Teppo, Spacek

Best hitting defenseman -- Spacek, Campbell

Most underrated -- Pominville, Teppo

Slow start -- Kotalik, Campbell, Roy

Best goal -- Max coast-to-coast vs. Philly, Briere vs. Dominik in the shootout, Roy-to-Max-to-Vanek tic-tac-toe vs. Philly (I think).

Whaddya think?

Mine would be:

1. Spacek

2. Drury

3. Max

I got to give it up for Spacek because it's been 11 games and I forget he wasn't on this team last year. To come in with an already built team and just blend in is incredible.

Not to mention his ability to shoot from the blue line.

Chris Drury

Maxim Afinogenov

Ryan Miller

Derek Roy

Henrik Tallinder

Jason Pominville

Daniel Briere

Teppo Numminen

Brian Campbell

Thomas Vanek

Jaroslav Spacek

Jochen Hecht

Dmitri Kalinin

Toni Lydman

Jiri Novotny

Adam Mair

Paul Gaustad

Ales Kotalik

Martin Biron

Nathan Paetsch

Andrew Peters

That's how I rank them. Nothing to argue over, just how I view their value to what the team has done over the 1st 11 games.

1. Drury - He's working hard, scoring big goals, and leading by example every night.

2. Afinogenov - All over the ice every single night. I remember many people on this board prior to the trading deadline last season saying they wouldn't mind trading him....hmm.

3. Miller/Biron - Can't win without good goaltending. Awesome job by both, and props to Marty for being a team player about the situation and not whining like some disgruntled fast food employee (although $2 million might have something to do with it :D )

1. Max

I think he has been outstanding, everytime he touches the puck, i think we can score a goal. Not only does he score, he creates and always stands out.

2. Miller

Has played huge in several games. Making big saves at big times. He always stands tall when we honestly need him.

3. Vanek

Besides his great contribution on offense, i have been very shocked by his forecheck and the way he plays on defense. For example, in the home game vs. Montreal, noway we win if Vanek was the "old" Vanek.

But, Briere, Pominville, Spacek and Tallinder also would be very near the top 3 and argueably would be there.

Archived