Colin Campbell asked to be Flyers' GM

Corp000085

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?id=182521&hubname=

well, i don't know what to make of this. as one of those posters at the bottom of the story said "i'd love to have campbell GM the flyers, not cause i'm a flyers fan, but because it will get that fool out of his current position".

if he accepts, rip simonik should disable all the video cameras in the building before the next flyers game, then briere should shoot the puck through the side of the net while kalinin screens the ref. Then, a lucky fan from Clarence should be given the red light button to hit at that very second. When the goal is not reviewable, the refs will look confused, but then call it a goal. Irregardless of robert esche sticking his finger through the hole in the netting, or peter forsberg flopping on the ice, in a dramatic/flamboyant fashion to illustrate the complete idiocy of the previous play, the play will continue, only for the hole in the net to be fixed at the next TV timeout 5 minutes later... Then the guest services lady for the visiting owner's box will deliver a Cleveland Steamer on a silver platter to campbell's lap and it will have a note next to it:

"Told you it wasn't a goal. How does it feel, sucka?

DR"

Whoa! If Campbell has had ANY contact with the Flyers -- and if he's been offered the job, you'd have to assume there's been SOME contact -- or if he is even considering taking the job, doesn't he have to step down from his league position immediately? It's a clear conflict of interest for him to be reviewing any goal involving a Flyers game, or any possible suspension of a Flyer.

Whoa! If Campbell has had ANY contact with the Flyers -- and if he's been offered the job, you'd have to assume there's been SOME contact -- or if he is even considering taking the job, doesn't he have to step down from his league position immediately? It's a clear conflict of interest for him to be reviewing any goal involving a Flyers game, or any possible suspension of a Flyer.

Isn't he just a figurehead at this point with no real power? Isn't Van Massenhoven in charge of all that stuff now?

Isn't he just a figurehead at this point with no real power? Isn't Van Massenhoven in charge of all that stuff now?

I'm probably talking out my hat. But isn't Coli one of the suits in the warroom in Toronto who review goals?

If so, I think everyone can imagine the problem it creates for the league if one of those suits is in discussions with a team for a general manager post.

If he doesn't get the job, does he stick it to the Flyers the next time he reviews a goal involving them? Very unlikely, but people will think it, and that's a problem for the league.

Archived