Who wants to get together before the december Sabres/Caps game

SDS

..sure, why??

Oh thats right you old people have to piss every two seconds :)

are these the same $45 seats that you posted on HFBoards? If so, I just emailed my friend to see if he wants to take them. I just need to be assured that we get an aisle seat.

Nearby Restaurants and Bars

You'll find plenty of places to eat in and around the Verizon Center. Inside the center itself are Nick and Stef's Steakhouse with mostly American-style food and the F Street Sports Bar.

You'll also find a variety of restaurants nearby. At the corner of Seventh and E streets, Jaleo is known for its Spanish tapas, sangria and energetic atmosphere. Families may enjoy the less expensive, Tex-Mex-style Austin Grill on E Street. Those in the mood for fine dining can try Eighth Street's Cafe Atlantico with its mix of Mexican, Latin American and Spanish cuisines. Across the street from Cafe Atlantico is the quieter pan-Asian diner and pastry shop Teaism.

is anyone up for the Tex-Mex place?

Austin Grill is ok, but it's more of a restaurant...think kids, moms/dads, etc. They don't have the room for a large drinking crowd.

RFD anyone? And of course, there's always Hooters! :lol:

Ok, so Fado's or RFD??? Briere48 says Fado and you say RFD. What's the difference between the two?

Ok, so Fado's or RFD??? Briere48 says Fado and you say RFD. What's the difference between the two?

I'll go to either, i've only been in dc once and it was for a soccer game. But, on hfboards many people are saying Fado's and i even think JD's bus crew is going to Fado's.

Someone on another message board also said Fado's was pretty filled with Sabres fans last year. But i don't really know.... lol i'm jus saying what im hearing.

I'll go to either, i've only been in dc once and it was for a soccer game. But, on hfboards many people are saying Fado's and i even think JD's bus crew is going to Fado's.

Someone on another message board also said Fado's was pretty filled with Sabres fans last year. But i don't really know.... lol i'm jus saying what im hearing.

Well, if that is the place then maybe we get an early seat!

They're right next door to each other! I'm sure there will be some spillover...

Fado

RFD

Jeeziz, ya think we better call these places and warn them? Or at least advise them to double or triple their beer inventory? :bag:

They're right next door to each other! I'm sure there will be some spillover...

Fado

RFD

Jeeziz, ya think we better call these places and warn them? Or at least advise them to double or triple their beer inventory? :bag:

hahaha nice

how far from the arena are these bars?

So, do I drop a few bucks and get a SabreSpace.com banner made? 2' x 10'???

I spoke with Fado's and while they can't reserve space or offer specials - they said I could hang a banner. They can hold about 400 people.

So, do I drop a few bucks and get a SabreSpace.com banner made? 2' x 10'???

I spoke with Fado's and while they can't reserve space or offer specials - they said I could hang a banner. They can hold about 400 people.

I'll wait to see more where people are going. I don't want some people bail out and just be 6 of us there. lol.... idk i made a post on sabresfans and sabres.com to see what is up.

But im not gonna lie, a sign would be sick. lol

Is anyone good with facepaint? (not the body-sponge type, but the artsy stage make-up type?)

My buddy and I comng up for the game with our 8 year-old kids. We should get to Fado's around 5:00 - 5:30 after a Smithsonian stop. I'll have facepaint with me for anyone to use-- just need some good artists!

If there are any DC/NoVa old-timers that went to Bills games at Grevey's in the early 90's, you'll know me. I'll be in a B&G Hasek jersey and have my daughter with me. We're working on a "scary good" sign after school each day, and should have that as well.

See you all there, and then on "F" street by the Verizon Center @ 7:00 for pictures!

Archived