Melrose....LIKES us

Qarrit

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/index?lpos=g...&lid=gn_NHL_NHL

go there and then about half way down you'll see

"Starting Fresh

Two weeks into the season, the Buffalo Sabres have come out of the gate strong and are still undefeated. Why? Barry Melrose says the answer is simple: depth. Melrose Line: East ESPN Video | West ESPN Video"

then click on east to see barry melrose actually compliment us

I don't know if this is a good thing that we have the mullet on our side or not, but whatever....

LETS GO BUFFALO!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/index?lpos=g...&lid=gn_NHL_NHL

go there and then about half way down you'll see

"Starting Fresh

Two weeks into the season, the Buffalo Sabres have come out of the gate strong and are still undefeated. Why? Barry Melrose says the answer is simple: depth. Melrose Line: East ESPN Video | West ESPN Video"

then click on east to see barry melrose actually compliment us

I don't know if this is a good thing that we have the mullet on our side or not, but whatever....

LETS GO BUFFALO!

Well we have a mullet on our jersey front, so why not on our side?

Why do people bother to quote the post above when making their own post? I mean, if I'm reading the thread, I JUST READ that post; you don't really need to repeat it.

Because often times there is more than one point being made over multiple posts/paragraphs and this allows readers to know to which post/comment your response is directed.

Why do people bother to quote the post above when making their own post? I mean, if I'm reading the thread, I JUST READ that post; you don't really need to repeat it.

I don't even know why we have to explain this to you, but here goes. In the forum, there's the potential for many posts to occur at once. The person posting doesn't know if the thread is going to happen in succession, nor should they care. To make it easier and clarify their point of view, they include the post they are forming an opinion on. THAT WAY, if there are multiple posts in a matter of seconds (i.e. in a game thread), it limits the potential for confusion. It's not always a point A to B, Doohickie. Maybe in Texas, but not here in Buffalo. S#^t, we can't even build a bridge.

Braedon

I don't even know why we have to explain this to you, but here goes. In the forum, there's the potential for many posts to occur at once. The person posting doesn't know if the thread is going to happen in succession, nor should they care. To make it easier and clarify their point of view, they include the post they are forming an opinion on. THAT WAY, if there are multiple posts in a matter of seconds (i.e. in a game thread), it limits the potential for confusion. It's not always a point A to B, Doohickie. Maybe in Texas, but not here in Buffalo. S#^t, we can't even build a bridge.

Braedon

I live in Texas . :angry:

Course, I do live in Austin, and go to UT Austin. I believe that a lot of Texas wants to claim that Austin is not part of Texas. :lol:

I live in Texas . :angry:

Course, I do live in Austin, and go to UT Austin. I believe that a lot of Texas wants to claim that Austin is not part of Texas. :lol:

I believe that a lot of America wants to claim that Texas is another country.

What

do you

mean?

Melrose stated very recently that he thinks the Anaheim Ducks are "the best team in hockey." He has picked the Ducks to win the cup. He only gives the Sabres "the best team in the Eastern conference." He seems to always go against Buffalo, like last year he picked the Carolina Whalers.

In the forum, there's the potential for many posts to occur at once. The person posting doesn't know if the thread is going to happen in succession, nor should they care. To make it easier and clarify their point of view, they include the post they are forming an opinion on. THAT WAY, if there are multiple posts in a matter of seconds (i.e. in a game thread), it limits the potential for confusion.

I understand that, and in this case, for instance, my use of the quote function makes sense. And in the case of a game thread, it makes sense, even if you're answering the most recent post, because there is a potential for several simultaneous posts.

But in case of the start of this thread, there was a single post, and a single answer almost a half hour later. Don't really have that simultaneous posts thing going on. The quotes just make for longer pages and add not value in that case. If, on the odd chance that a post came in between the original post and the second post, the quote could always be added to the second post for clarity.

I see this on a lot of forums, though, where the quotes get quoted and you end up with more quotes than new content. I guess I'm just chewing a bit.

Carry on.

The quotes just make for longer pages and add not value in that case. If, on the odd chance that a post came in between the original post and the second post, the quote could always be added to the second post for clarity.

I see this on a lot of forums, though, where the quotes get quoted and you end up with more quotes than new content. I guess I'm just chewing a bit.

Carry on.

If posts are not adding value then that is a clear case of post inflation which while raising the

GDP (gross domestic posts) does not mean they are learning us stuff.

Now that we are in full competition with Mexican posting boards, lots of posters are posting more with less return.

That's why we need fair posting agreements, not free posting agreements.

Melrose stated very recently that he thinks the Anaheim Ducks are "the best team in hockey." He has picked the Ducks to win the cup. He only gives the Sabres "the best team in the Eastern conference." He seems to always go against Buffalo, like last year he picked the Carolina Whalers.

I have seen several of the Ducks games on Center Ice and to tell you the truth, they do look awfully good. Of course, I still think Buffalo is better, but I may be biased. :P

Archived