Vanek's Would-Be Hat Trick

pkwwjd

Does anyone else think that Vanek tipped in the shot that Tallinder (I think it was him) got credit for against Philly? I watched the shot about 10 times on TIVO in slow mo. I figured by Wednesday morning Vanek would have been credited with 3 goals, but no one said anything about it.

I thought the same thing, watched it a number of times in HD slo-mo, and even so, just couldn't make the call.

Separately, though, what was absolutely clear upon a slo-mo review was that Miller poke-checked away the puck on the penalty shot. He should get credit for a great play on that -- ie it wasn't just the Flyer botching it.

I thought the same thing, watched it a number of times in HD slo-mo, and even so, just couldn't make the call.

Separately, though, what was absolutely clear upon a slo-mo review was that Miller poke-checked away the puck on the penalty shot. He should get credit for a great play on that -- ie it wasn't just the Flyer botching it.

Agreed. Also, ALL hockey should be available in HD. No ifs, ands, or buts!

DirecTV will almost certainly be carrying HD telecasts soon. Be prepared to shell out more bucks though. I refuse to give them an extra 100 dollars to watch the Bills in HD. I'm appalled that they have the nerve to charge for it. Their signal is already digital.

I wish they would offer a pay-per view per game fee rather than force you to shell out 2 Bills for the entire hocky season.

When I first started with the NFL package it was like 120 per year. Now it is in excess of two hundred I think. Hockey is getting up there too.

DirecTV will almost certainly be carrying HD telecasts soon. Be prepared to shell out more bucks though. I refuse to give them an extra 100 dollars to watch the Bills in HD. I'm appalled that they have the nerve to charge for it. Their signal is already digital.

I wish they would offer a pay-per view per game fee rather than force you to shell out 2 Bills for the entire hocky season.

When I first started with the NFL package it was like 120 per year. Now it is in excess of two hundred I think. Hockey is getting up there too.

There are several hockey games per week in HD already. Look at channel 95. What I want, what I demand, is ALL games to be available to me in HD. Dammit!

There are several hockey games per week in HD already. Look at channel 95. What I want, what I demand, is ALL games to be available to me in HD. Dammit!

All games will take a while. My prediction is that next year about half of them will be available in HD. There is a new satellite going up that will carry a lot more HD programming. However, MSG will need to decide whether to spend the $$ to broadcast the sabres in HD as they do now with the Rangers. I agree that it will probably cost more to get the HD games on Directv -- and that it's pretty annoying to get gouged for that extra fee.

Does anyone think that we'll ever see another Empire Sports Network type of channel? With the popularity of the Sabres lately you would think that MSG might try to profit from that and develop an offshoot that would focus more on WNY sports?

that is what i prey for everynight before i go to bed

I figured by Wednesday morning Vanek would have been credited with 3 goals, but no one said anything about it.
My brother is the PA Announcer for Coyotes hockey games. He says sometimes after the Official Scorers call into his headset and he announces the goal on a close tip-in type shot, a player will skate by later on during the next break and tell them to credit him with the tip-in goal or want to get added for an assist.

Archived