Foxsports Power Rankings

buckeyebrian

Quite obviously, winning games 7-4 and 9-1 doesn't count for much.

Quite obviously, this was released before Buffalo won 9-1.

And as for the 7-4 triumph, they have the Rangers ranked in the bottom third of the league.

Neither of the teams ahead of us have had to take advantage of shootouts like we did, they were able to win in regulation.

I don't see how this is surprising.

Quite obviously, this was released before Buffalo won 9-1.

And as for the 7-4 triumph, they have the Rangers ranked in the bottom third of the league.

Neither of the teams ahead of us have had to take advantage of shootouts like we did, they were able to win in regulation.

I don't see how this is surprising.

So just what did we do to drop. The only game counted since the last rankings, where we were #1, was the Ranger game. ALL of the Wild's victories were on home ice - their first away game is tonight. I usually don't give a rip for these ratings, except for the last one of the year, but this is bulls**t

So just what did we do to drop. The only game counted since the last rankings, where we were #1, was the Ranger game. ALL of the Wild's victories were on home ice - their first away game is tonight. I usually don't give a rip for these ratings, except for the last one of the year, but this is bulls**t

Fox uses a mathmatical formula. 1+1 still equals 2, no matter how good this team is. :o

No, the Detroit game also counted. If you remember correctly, had it not been for the heroics of Miller, we never would have won that game.

Both Minnesota and Dallas won three games to our two in that same time period. Dallas won two of those by decisive 4-1 scores. I believe we should still be ahead of Minnesota, since they went to a shoot out in two of their three victories, but they did get a 5-0 shut out for their 5th win.

The only BS going on here is your arrogance, and I can only hope that even an inkling of such a feeling isn't present in the Sabres' locker room or we can say goodbye to our winning streak.

No, the Detroit game also counted. If you remember correctly, had it not been for the heroics of Miller, we never would have won that game.

Both Minnesota and Dallas won three games to our two in that same time period. Dallas won two of those by decisive 4-1 scores. I believe we should still be ahead of Minnesota, since they went to a shoot out in two of their three victories, but they did get a 5-0 shut out for their 5th win.

The only BS going on here is your arrogance, and I can only hope that even an inkling of such a feeling isn't present in the Sabres' locker room or we can say goodbye to our winning streak.

Arrogance? "But I say to you - not to resist the evil, but whosoever shall slap thee on the right cheek, turn to him also the other." Matthew 5:39 Peace my brother and Go Sabres!

Arrogance? "But I say to you - not to resist the evil, but whosoever shall slap thee on the right cheek, turn to him also the other." Matthew 5:39 Peace my brother and Go Sabres!

Hey, I'm all for homerism. I'm one of the most guilty, in fact. But from your post, you seemed to be truly upset about us falling two places, is if it were our birthright to be in first. I apologize if I misinterpreted your intentions.

And I agree, go Sabres! :)

This had better not affect the Sabres' standing in the BCS or their chances to play in a January bowl game.

Nice little tongue in cheek! :lol:

We drop from #1 to #3? WTF?

Try not to worry about it or you'll die an early death. No need to get too stressed over it. If you've been reading some of the things Lindy's said, he's doing everything he can to keep his team from getting cocky and overconfident.

A piece of advice: ignore the power rankers/prognosticators. They're paid to do this for a living. It's not everything. We don't live and die according to what they say (but the bookies might).

Archived