What a difference a few months make

wjag

This is my first post back since the last playoff loss.

What a difference a couple of months make. Sabres 4-0 winning three by SO and the Canes trying to figure out how to win. Think it was great irony that the Sabres beat them to open the season just after they raisied their Stanley Cup banner. Nice little reminder that if it hadn't been for the loss of so many key players during the playoff run, the Sabres would have and should have been Stanley Cup Champions.

They are serving notice to the entire league....

wjag

That said though, I'm still waiting for The Sabres to find their groove.

They've been in 3 shootouts, and 1 one-goal decision so far. Not exactly the trademark of a dominating team.

They need to stop taking Zhitnik penalties (Max) and start converting on the man advantage. Last night was a sight for sore eyes.

It'd be nice if they could beat NYR tonight with 2 or 3 goals.

That said though, I'm still waiting for The Sabres to find their groove.

They've been in 3 shootouts, and 1 one-goal decision so far. Not exactly the trademark of a dominating team.

They need to stop taking Zhitnik penalties (Max) and start converting on the man advantage. Last night was a sight for sore eyes.

It'd be nice if they could beat NYR tonight with 2 or 3 goals.

I agree that they arent playing their best hockey, however they have probably had one of toughest starts of any team. Despite carolina's poor record they are still one of the better teams in the league, I think montreal is going to be good this year, Ottawa is a good regular season team and detriot is a perenial powerhouse. To come out of those first 4 games with 8 points is amazing. It they are able to find their groove the Sabres are going to be a scary team. So far they are unbeaten against some great opposition while only playing ~2/3 of each game. That all said I hope this team finds its groove and starts playing the kind of hockey that they are capable of.

You have to realize that we played 3 of our first 4 on the road. Anytime that you can pick up a W on the road you have to take it and not question the play... especially this early in the season. We havent gotten a chance to get on a roll because of the travel then the break in between games. Minnesota is the only other 4-0 team and they have played all 4 games at home. You have to like what the Sabres are doing early on the road and once we get some games under our belt at home you will be sure we will be clicking on all cylinders.

You have to realize that we played 3 of our first 4 on the road. Anytime that you can pick up a W on the road you have to take it and not question the play... especially this early in the season. We havent gotten a chance to get on a roll because of the travel then the break in between games. Minnesota is the only other 4-0 team and they have played all 4 games at home. You have to like what the Sabres are doing early on the road and once we get some games under our belt at home you will be sure we will be clicking on all cylinders.

Hey, I'm not saying I'm not happy with how the team has handled itself, I'm just saying I can't wait until they hit their groove.

8 points is absolutely amazing. Considering 3 of 4 came on the road and the wins were against the defending Cup champs, the Habs (always an accomplishment to beat that storied franchise IMO), last years top seed in the East, and the President's trophy winner.

That's an extraordinarily difficult schedule out of the gate. On paper, I don't think the league could have given us a tougher test to start with. We won those games largely though the "never quit"attitude that makes this team so special and captivated the region

When they start putting together complete games this could be one of the best teams ever. There will be a few nights that we absolutely destroy some teams. Hopefully it's Philly.

The Bills may be BFLO's table stakes to the big time on a national level, but we're a winter town and the Sabres, IMO, represent the heart of this city and region. In bars around town, there is playoff-like excitement in OCTOBER. This is going to be one hell of a year.

8 points is absolutely amazing. Considering 3 of 4 came on the road and the wins were against the defending Cup champs, the Habs (always an accomplishment to beat that storied franchise IMO), last years top seed in the East, and the President's trophy winner.

That's an extraordinarily difficult schedule out of the gate. On paper, I don't think the league could have given us a tougher test to start with. We won those games largely though the "never quit"attitude that makes this team so special and captivated the region

When they start putting together complete games this could be one of the best teams ever. There will be a few nights that we absolutely destroy some teams. Hopefully it's Philly.

The Bills may be BFLO's table stakes to the big time on a national level, but we're a winter town and the Sabres, IMO, represent the heart of this city and region. In bars around town, there is playoff-like excitement in OCTOBER. This is going to be one hell of a year.

It used to be that they Bills were the meat and potato crowd and the Sabres were filet migon and wine. How times have changed. The Sabres are now the wings and beer team and the Bills are just another part of 'Corporate America'.

I look forward to every Sabre game. I watch the Bills because I feel obligated to. ;)

Archived