Would anyone be so kind as to lend me...

SDS

I'm looking to replace the girls in the red and black on the banner. Wearing a jersey would be my 1st choice.

Either a new white one or a classic white one would be preferred, if not then the darks would suffice. I will take full responsibility for it. Please send me a note if you can part w/ yours for a short while.

I have an original white. No numbers or name. Let me know if you want to use it. My son plays/practices in Laurel. Game this Sunday at 7:00 AM, practices next Mon 8:20, Wed 6:40. I'll be happy to make the handoff.

Bob

Wow! That would be great. I can certainly meet you at the rink... What size?

It's an adult large. I just took a look at it for the first time in ages. Very nice.

I think that will do.... I was just hoping that it wasn't an XXL or something silly like that.

What rink will you be at on Sunday?

I'm pretty sure it's Logsdon. Look for Tri-City (white jersey/yellow socks) and Chesapeake (Black Hawks jersey). I hope to escape working the penalty box or time clock. I will most likely be standing alone (away from all other parents that is) at either end of the rink.

I'm pretty sure it's Logsdon. Look for Tri-City (white jersey/yellow socks) and Chesapeake (Black Hawks jersey). I hope to escape working the penalty box or time clock. I will most likely be standing alone (away from all other parents that is) at either end of the rink.

could you put the jersey in your car now, lest you forget it on Sunday? That would be a bummer dragging myself out of bed only to return empty handed! :lol:

Bummer indeed. I quiz my son on every peice of gear as we're getting in the car. I plan on watching part of a game that begins at 8:30 AM Sunday, after my son's. I'll be at the rink until 9:00 at least. No need to show up too early.

I'll be there with my black Sabres cap on!

bg - the game needs more fans like you. as a player growing up and now an official i know exactly the type of parents that you seek refuge. they are the "don't hurt my little timmys," or the "coin-filled milk carton" people, correct?!??! they are nuts and for that 1 1/2 hour time slot, it is "My NHL" to them not simply their son/daughter's weekend activity...

It only takes one or two obnoxious parents to make things miserable.Up until this year, I had always coached my sons teams. We're talking about relatively low level teams where kids will not have any future in it beyond playing for the glory of their high school. I never really heard anything that was said in the stands during a game because I was focused on the game. Last year several of the kids I was coaching were playing for their schools as well. I tried to go see some of their games. I was horrified by what I heard from the stands. People shredding the refs, coaches, and players. Sucked the fun out of it. This year, I will watch the games in solitude, enjoy watching my son give it his all (the only thing I require of him in exchange for a two hour round trip to every practice/game), and mingle with the parents in the lobby afterward. Beyond a normal greeting, I will speak to the coach only when spoken to.

I am replacing the two girls with a different female.

If you're replacing her with only one, she'd better be smokin' hot. Two is always better than one! Are you gonna cut the jersey to make it a very sexy half-shirt? Might want to inform your readers if that's the case, ha!

What age group? I just reffed a Squirt Tri-City game last weekend at Prince William. As I expected, the Tri-City coaches were 'difficult' to say the least. It appears they have not bought in to the new standards of rules enforcement.

U16 A. The coach is a mid-20'ish guy who seems pretty even-keeled.

Local reffing - how do you see it panning out? My impression so far is that there is not a lot of change from last year. I watched a bit of the CBHL jamboree and there was a big change in calls from the 9AM games to the 9PM games. It will be tough on the players with what will probably be some wild swings between ref crews. I have heard from a Team Maryland dad that reffing from Philly to Long Island is strictly old standard.

Good luck with your thankless job this winter. My only beef with refs over the years is when some guys would let things disintegrate into an unsafe situation. I found it near impossible to settle my own guys when the refs let things out of hand. Again, good luck to you.

Local reffing - how do you see it panning out? My impression so far is that there is not a lot of change from last year. I watched a bit of the CBHL jamboree and there was a big change in calls from the 9AM games to the 9PM games. It will be tough on the players with what will probably be some wild swings between ref crews. I have heard from a Team Maryland dad that reffing from Philly to Long Island is strictly old standard.

Good luck with your thankless job this winter. My only beef with refs over the years is when some guys would let things disintegrate into an unsafe situation. I found it near impossible to settle my own guys when the refs let things out of hand. Again, good luck to you.

I'll be there early because I have to be home by 8:30. Wifey has to work... See you soon!

The problem we have is that we don't have enough 'good' refs, so sometimes a less-than-stellar official gets to skate in a game he really shouldn't be part of.

So far, I've seen guys calling way too much, and others not calling anything. The bigger problem is the way too much guy. We have a couple down here in NOVA that seem to make things up. No matter how much I try to coach them, they keep doing it.

All we can ask of ourselves is to give it everything we've got, try to do the right thing, and hustle to be in the correct position. Eventually, things will get worked out, and we won't have so many penalties, just like last year in the NHL.

I've heard about the Philly/NY thing. It's a USA Hockey mandate, so they should really be on board. Perhaps a complaint to the National Office will help. A lot of these groups are very cliquish and overly powerful. Perhaps that's one of the groups that is. SHOA (our local organization) is a very good organization, and they fully support USA Hockey and we have a great communications system over email and the Internet.

When do you guys skate against Prince William at Prince William? Maybe I'll try to be a part of that game.

PLease tell me you are keeping El Crusho. Even in the old colors that is a classic shot.

That's El Crusho? I'm lost in regard to the bio on this site. Anyone feel like filling me in on how Crusho knows Corp, SDS, etc?

FYI Crusho looks like a Brandon Lee reject.

"I'm not going to kill you. Your job will be to tell the rest of them that death is coming for them, tonight. And tell them Eric Draven sends his regards."

Oooo. Shiver.

Archived