Maple Leaf Fans Take Note...

Screamin'Weasel

As of today, October 6, 2006, Toronto leads the North East Division. Leafs Nation, take a picture of the standings sheets, make notes and circle this day on your calander because I doubt you will see it again.

On a side note, does anyone listen to the Howard Simon Show on WGR? On todays whiner line there were two calls that made me laugh. First someone called and said, "I know the Sabres won the home opener on Wednesday, but did everyone forget there is a Bills game this weekend?" Next was a guy from Toronto talking drivel about the upset 6-0 win over the Senators and he ended with, "Oh, and there is no rivalry between Toronto and Buffalo...we don't even remember you exist." Both Howard and Jeremy stopped the tape, laughing, and pointed out that of course he felt that way as the "rivalry" would be so one sided in favor of Buffalo.

As of today, October 6, 2006, Toronto leads the North East Division. Leafs Nation, take a picture of the standings sheets, make notes and circle this day on your calander because I doubt you will see it again.

On a side note, does anyone listen to the Howard Simon Show on WGR? On todays whiner line there were two calls that made me laugh. First someone called and said, "I know the Sabres won the home opener on Wednesday, but did everyone forget there is a Bills game this weekend?" Next was a guy from Toronto talking drivel about the upset 6-0 win over the Senators and he ended with, "Oh, and there is no rivalry between Toronto and Buffalo...we don't even remember you exist." Both Howard and Jeremy stopped the tape, laughing, and pointed out that of course he felt that way as the "rivalry" would be so one sided in favor of Buffalo.

Blow, Leafs, blow!

From ESPN's standings:

Tiebreaker

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2. The greater number of games won.

3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

4. Goal differential

Goals scored isn't even a tiebraker. And goal differential is the final tiebreaker. That doesn't matter, because we own the first tiebreaker, and as such are in first place.

Archived