Keith Primeau to Retire

Corp000085

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2585179

No matter the circumstance behind the player, you hate to see a guy have to retire due to injury. Love him or hate him, the flyers will miss him, like they did last year in crunch time.

With that being said, I can't wait to see the flyers hopefully implode. With their new captain Slow Footin' Petr Goonsberg, their coach Capt. Kangaroo, RJ Cream of Umberger, and their goalie Happy Gilmore, i hope they barely squeek into the playoffs so they can get romped again by the Sabres. Nothing is better than an old fashioned philly beatdown.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2585179

No matter the circumstance behind the player, you hate to see a guy have to retire due to injury. Love him or hate him, the flyers will miss him, like they did last year in crunch time.

With that being said, I can't wait to see the flyers hopefully implode. With their new captain Slow Footin' Petr Goonsberg, their coach Capt. Kangaroo, RJ Cream of Umberger, and their goalie Happy Gilmore, i hope they barely squeek into the playoffs so they can get romped again by the Sabres. Nothing is better than an old fashioned philly beatdown.

Certainly too bad about Primeau; he was a player. Umberger? Look, I know we all love the Campbell hit, but seriously, that kid is going to be a hell of a tough C-man. Solid fourth-liner that I'd love to see in a sluggalo sweater (if I ever wanted to see anyone in that sweater).

Yes, the hit was awesome.

I agree Corp, you don't want to see somone have to retire due to an injury, but I am glad he realized he could be a drooling idiot for the rest of his life if he took another big hit/concussion. I'd much rather see him retire than watch them cart his unconcsious azz off the ice. But again, anything that hurts Filly's team, and gives those idiot fans something else to cry about is not a totally bad thing in my book...

I also prefer to see guys hang it up when they become a shadow of themselves. Gretzky could have hung on, played a few more years as a 2nd- or 3rd-line center, maybe racked up some points on the PP, but I am glad he didn't - he went out on his terms.

On a side note, the Flyers & Leafs - these two teams, no matter who my favorite player is, once he pulls on their sweaters, they are dead to me. Prior to joining the Flyers, my favorite player was Forsberg - the day he signed with Filly, I went into a rage, throwing stuff, yelling at the computer monitor, everything. (Scared the sh*t out of the wife & dog, BTW...)

The big question...Is Connolly far behind. Still plagued by nagging symptoms, not as yet cleared to skate, likely to start the season on the Long-Term injured list, having already missed an entire season because of concussion! Not at all comfortable about that whole situation. One has to wonder whether the Sabres "spin" machine is working full-time here.

I met Keith and his parents at Disney.

I was behind them in line at Disney Quest, talking to them (they had a question about the ride). They noticed my Sabres jersey, and asked if I knew who Wayne and Keith Primeau were. Then they called Keith over to meet me. Wayne wasn't there.

Kinda cool. Really nice people.

Archived