Legace Signs With St. Louis Blues

Wild Jay

Umm, why exactly is he a nutjob?

I think you saw this already, but apparently, some posters think his "eccentricities" mean he might just walk away from the Sabres at some point to start a garage band; or he goes home and cuts himself after bad games; or is a disciple of Ricky Williams. <_<

(Link)

I think you saw this already, but apparently, some posters think his "eccentricities" mean he might just walk away from the Sabres at some point to start a garage band; or he goes home and cuts himself after bad games; or is a disciple of Ricky Williams. <_<

(Link)

Thanks for the shout-out, Wolf.

Even with what I'd said, I have a lot of love for Miller; I'm praying that he holds to form and becomes the next Patrick Roy. Which, of course, would mean that he'd wind up playing in Detroit eventually -- just not before he brings us the Cup at least once.

Err, ... what was this string about to begin with?

I wouldn't put it past you to make an argument that just about any player is more valuable to the Sabres than Briere. This has become a joke.

You ask which is more valuable wins or points? How exactly is any player but a goalie supposed to get credit for a win? Guess what...a goalie can't get a win unless someone else on the ice GETS SOME POINTS!

I'm starting to believe that you are arguing against Briere just for the sake of arguing.

And I guess all of Briere's points were unassisted goals? ;)

(Link)

I just find it kind of funny since he plays guitar and has sort of long hair that he must be a nutjob. Do we have a bunch of grumpy old men posting? :lol:

Thanks for the shout-out, Wolf.

Even with what I'd said, I have a lot of love for Miller; I'm praying that he holds to form and becomes the next Patrick Roy. Which, of course, would mean that he'd wind up playing in Detroit eventually -- just not before he brings us the Cup at least once.

Err, ... what was this string about to begin with?

Sorry, Aud, wasn't trying to single anyone out or call you out or anything. It seemed like some of these comments on Miller came out of nowhere, and frankly they caught me totally offguard. To be fair, I haven't seen a lot of interviews with Ryan, but none of the ones I have seen led me to believe that he is any stranger than most goalies. But when someone called him a "nutjob" I thought it should be pointed out that for some reason, others think he is some crazy loner. :blink:

He really can't be more of a nutjob then some of the posters on here

Yes indeedly.

Regarding Biron, no one here is qualified to say Darcy waited too long to trade Marty. DeLuca is absolutely right that no one here has any idea what we were offered for Marty. It's quite likely that the only offers he got would have required him to take back similarly overpaid players that the other team was trying to unload. Until a GM or someone with real knowledge is quoted for attribution as saying we offered XYZ for Marty and Darcy said no -- we don't know anything.

And, btw, here's something else we should give DeLuca credit for: he seems to have ended up with an extremely hot wife: http://www.nypost.com/seven/08072006/frontback.htm

Just my opinion.

Sorry, Aud, wasn't trying to single anyone out or call you out or anything. It seemed like some of these comments on Miller came out of nowhere, and frankly they caught me totally offguard. To be fair, I haven't seen a lot of interviews with Ryan, but none of the ones I have seen led me to believe that he is any stranger than most goalies. But when someone called him a "nutjob" I thought it should be pointed out that for some reason, others think he is some crazy loner. :blink:

Now, now, now -- let's have a thicker skin (even if we're taking offense on someone else's behalf) when we're shooting the poop around here. Just because I allowed (partly for the sake of comedy) for the possibility that Miller might go a little "Ricky" on us doesn't mean I was calling him a wingnut (I prefer that term to nutjob).

In terms of these comments coming out of nowhere, I'm assuming you missed the broadcast of Milz's myspace page back during the Cup run.

http://www.myspace.com/milz39

He's since made his page "private" -- that wasn't the case back in April, and I am telling you: Dude's a little flaky. There is one image I think I can link to:

549110168_m.jpg -- That's Ryan with the guitar, btw.

All of which is not to say that he can't be one of the 20 best goalies in the history of the league -- I think it's possible he could go that route. As you note, Wolf, all great goalies are a little, or a lot, off. Hell, Pat Roy was the one who claimed he couldn't hear someone's tauning because he had his Stanley Cup rings stuck in his ear. Bizarre.

Anyhoo -- I'm in no way attacking Ryan; I think he's great on every conceivable level -- do you remember his interview after the Ottawa series? Super classy. Better yet, what about his interview after game 7 against the Canes? All heart.

I'm just hoping he can keep his competetive engine purring for years to come.

Its all good - like I said, I didn't want you to think I was calling you out. I've read enough of your posts to know you aren't insitgating just for the sake of riling the natives, like some of our newer friends. Besides, part of the reason we come here is because we all don't agree on everything - that's a big part of the fun.....right? ;)

Its all good - like I said, I didn't want you to think I was calling you out. I've read enough of your posts to know you aren't insitgating just for the sake of riling the natives, like some of our newer friends. Besides, part of the reason we come here is because we all don't agree on everything - that's a big part of the fun.....right? ;)

that's a big 10-4

I beg to differ. If he traded Biron instead of Noronen, we wouldn't have a backup now either. Noronen decided if he couldn't start he's better off playing in Russia. You make it sound so easy, just sign Legace or Dunham. Do you know how much their salary is? I didn't know we had so many NHL qualified GM's on this forum.

Wow, I didn't know you were allowed to post here anymore. Don't you have better things to do like start a thread on the "cutest Sabre" or something?

It is quite easy to sign a backup goaltender, actually. Look at how long Legace was out there....there was basically one team left that could maybe use another goalie, and they got him just a few days ago. He could have been signed a long time ago if a team actually needed him. And Dunham is still out there. The market is overloaded for goalies, so I really don't see how you can argue that it would be difficult to bring in a backup, but then again, I see from your other posts that your quite the informed hockey fan <_<

It is quite easy to sign a backup goaltender, actually. Look at how long Legace was out there....there was basically one team left that could maybe use another goalie, and they got him just a few days ago. He could have been signed a long time ago if a team actually needed him. And Dunham is still out there. The market is overloaded for goalies, so I really don't see how you can argue that it would be difficult to bring in a backup, but then again, I see from your other posts that your quite the informed hockey fan <_<

Perhap Darcy should give you a call and ask for your advice.

I just find it kind of funny since he plays guitar and has sort of long hair that he must be a nutjob. Do we have a bunch of grumpy old men posting? :lol:

(Grumpy old man voice)

You younguns are ruining everything with your hippy hair and your guitar banging.

When we was young we would follow the Sabres by listening to Rick Jennerette

tap Morse code to the nearest Western Union, and I tell you we liked it.

Archived