Speaking of New Jerseys(not sabre related)

JonathanH

Well I was reading through uniwatchblog.com to see stuff, mainly about the new NFL Ref's uniforms. Which are pretty modern now

And I saw the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals new sweaters. They literally made me laugh they are so cartoonish.

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/docroot/admirals/images/fans/home_large.jpg

and if the hyperlink doesnt work www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/docroot/admirals/images/fans/home_large.jpg

Yarrr hehehehe

Well I was reading through uniwatchblog.com to see stuff, mainly about the new NFL Ref's uniforms. Which are pretty modern now

And I saw the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals new sweaters. They literally made me laugh they are so cartoonish.

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/docroot/admirals/images/fans/home_large.jpg

and if the hyperlink doesnt work www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/docroot/admirals/images/fans/home_large.jpg

Yarrr hehehehe

if i was a 20 year old center working my way up to the 'show,' i would be embarrassed to put that thing on...then again, if that is what it takes to make it to the 'show' than i would do anything they want!

but that is what they need to do in the minor leagues to help draw fans and drum up merchandise. i am totally fine with that, but once this stuff starts sludging in to the NHL (like a certain other slug we all love) than i really have to worry about the where the game is going. to me it is no longer just about uni's and jersey's, but the integrity of the game.

if i was a 20 year old center working my way up to the 'show,' i would be embarrassed to put that thing on...then again, if that is what it takes to make it to the 'show' than i would do anything they want!

but that is what they need to do in the minor leagues to help draw fans and drum up merchandise. i am totally fine with that, but once this stuff starts sludging in to the NHL (like a certain other slug we all love) than i really have to worry about the where the game is going. to me it is no longer just about uni's and jersey's, but the integrity of the game.

That's all it is...its minor league gimmicks to sell tickets, merchandise, advertising, etc. Minor league teams need to do that to help keep money coming in, so I have no problems with an ECHL team being named the "Salmon Kings" with a cartoon salmon wearing a crown as their logo.

True story - three years ago I was working with a minor league baseball team, the Class AA Orlando Rays, in what would be their last season in Orlando. The team had been bought by the same family that owns the Lansing Lugnuts and Charleston Alley Cats, and the Rays would be moving to Montgomery, Ala.

Around mid-season, we received a fax stating that the team's new name would be the Montgomery Biscuits. We all thought it was a joke, but no. Since then, Biscuits merchandise has been selling like hotcakes, placing the team near the top of the minor league merchandise sales for each of the last three years, so I guess they did something right in picking the logo & name.

That said, the logo & name are something you'd expect to see with a minor league team but not for a major league franchise. Makes me kind of glad I wasn't able to stay with the team (not having to wear that logo, and also not wanting to move to Alabama.)

BTW, if you want to see a truly laughable logo, here it is: Biscuits Logo

That's all it is...its minor league gimmicks to sell tickets, merchandise, advertising, etc. Minor league teams need to do that to help keep money coming in, so I have no problems with an ECHL team being named the "Salmon Kings" with a cartoon salmon wearing a crown as their logo.

True story - three years ago I was working with a minor league baseball team, the Class AA Orlando Rays, in what would be their last season in Orlando. The team had been bought by the same family that owns the Lansing Lugnuts and Charleston Alley Cats, and the Rays would be moving to Montgomery, Ala.

Around mid-season, we received a fax stating that the team's new name would be the Montgomery Biscuits. We all thought it was a joke, but no. Since then, Biscuits merchandise has been selling like hotcakes, placing the team near the top of the minor league merchandise sales for each of the last three years, so I guess they did something right in picking the logo & name.

That said, the logo & name are something you'd expect to see with a minor league team but not for a major league franchise. Makes me kind of glad I wasn't able to stay with the team (not having to wear that logo, and also not wanting to move to Alabama.)

BTW, if you want to see a truly laughable logo, here it is: Biscuits Logo

Hahah that just made my day. I think the same designers created our wonderful new logo. The sad thing is, the biscuits logo looks more fierce.

I felt that way a few years back when the storied Montreal Canadiens first played (gulp) the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. The bleu, blanc and rouge against a cartoon duck logo named after a Disney kids' movie trilogy. How's that for integrity?

After the (now gone, thank goodness) Mighty Ducks logo, the ol' sluggo doesn't look so bad. (What am I saying!?!)

-Ed ;)

Archived