Hejda We Hardley Knew Ya!

bob_sauve28

At first glance, it does seem like an opportunity for humor. Until you realize that all of our top defensive picks from 1999 to 2003 are now gone. Janik was picked in the second round in 1999. Some dude named Decaire was picked in the second round in 2000. Keith Ballard was our first round pick in 2002. And Mr. Hejda was our top defensive pick (fourth round) in 2003. (Actually, Decaire might not officially be "gone." He's just not on the radar. I couldn't find anything about him in our media guide.)

At first glance, it does seem like an opportunity for humor. Until you realize that all of our top defensive picks from 1999 to 2003 are now gone. Janik was picked in the second round in 1999. Some dude named Decaire was picked in the second round in 2000. Keith Ballard was our first round pick in 2002. And Mr. Hejda was our top defensive pick (fourth round) in 2003. (Actually, Decaire might not officially be "gone." He's just not on the radar. I couldn't find anything about him in our media guide.)

I guess that explains the draft this year. Going after d-men. Now in 6 years we'll have a whole bunch of good blue liners and no one to put the puck in the net

Archived