GAME THREAD

Corp000085

here's hoping we can turn things around...

I hope so.

It would be nice to see some fire in the Sabres tonight. Skate, Hit and Finish. Three simple words are the keys to winning. If not. .500 here we come. And a great start will be lost.

Drury has the 'C' and the Contract. It would be nice if he stepped up once in a Sabres uniform. This team needs a leader.

Biron has been playing all right, so far. The goal he gave up was a fluke-y bounce off of Briere's stick after a lost face off in their defensive end. Sabres have had some OK chances, but they have been unable to finish anything.

Nice save by Biron on the breakaway.

Good effort tonight, but it's 5 losses in 6 games.

Hope they enjoyed their day off against The Caps, that game sure would've looked better in the W column right now.... :(

Is it just me, or could Drury be a healthy scratch without anyone noticing?

time to make briere full time captain.

Unreal...All Buffalo teams should change their nicknames to the "Teasers".

Second best start in team history is completly wasted. We're so woeful on defense. We give up so many chances, that if the goalies have a bad night, we could give up 10 goals! (wink, wink)

Our shots are all bad angled or blocked. We're not getting many odd man rushes, and the ones we do get are bungled.

Biron has bounced back...Great. It'd really be nice if that helped us actually win. Just...Frustrating.

Well, let's see what they can do against Carolina. The game is a value game, so price will not be an issue for attendance.

I say bring Marty back and then let Mika play against Toronto. I expect them to come out firing on all cylinders on Wednesday, but I can't justify the expectation. In the past couple of years and this year as well, they have NOT played well after an extended layoff. I do not expect that trend to continue as Carolina will come in off a long rest as well and I expect Carolina to be overlooking the Sabres with division games coming up this weekend.

If they had played like this all game last night, they would have ended Moe-ray-aal's road unbeaten streak. Montreal played much stronger at home than I hoped they would.

I will admit my fears about somebody claiming Jillson off waivers when he was sent to the Amerks were grossly overstated as Jillson proved tonight why he is in the AHL.

I went to the Carolina and Florida game tonight in Raleigh, and man do the Canes look good. I knew they were in first, but they flat out dominated the game tonight. They really took advantage of the two-line pass, much more than any other team I've seen (on TV mind you). Should be a good one when they come to Buffalo.