Noronen not happy....again!

phSabres84

The good news is that Mika will be a UFA after this year. He will hopefully get 10-15 starts this year and can parlay that into a contract with a team where they have no clear cut #1 goaltender.

I honestly feel bad for the guy. He has enough talent as evidenced by his play in the AHL. He has just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The good news is that Mika will be a UFA after this year. He will hopefully get 10-15 starts this year and can parlay that into a contract with a team where they have no clear cut #1 goaltender.

I honestly feel bad for the guy. He has enough talent as evidenced by his play in the AHL. He has just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The question is, what team would even consider him as a #1? He hasn't done enough in his limited playing time to convince anyone and 10-15 starts next year won't do that either.

He is right to be upset with a two-way contract qualifying offer.

No way does he want to be a number 3 again.

Can't agree more - in the same situation, I think most people would be pissed with the way their career had derailed. He's stuck here as a no. 3 guy while Darcy sits and waits & waits & waits, then gets sent out to Vancouver, where the outgoing coach throws him under the bus to the media after a bad start. Then they bring in one of the top goalies in the league, and then locks him up with a long-term deal.

I can understand his frustration - I am sure every young goalie wants to be starter, but as they mature, they come to grips with the realization that they will be a career backup. I don't think this is the case right now, as I think Mika is another 'tweener (like Marty) that will be a solid part of a 2-headed tandem that gets ~40 games from each. I don't know if he is the guy you'd want to rest your playoff hopes on (at least right now) but that could change with more seasoning, maturity and experience.

With Cloutier & Auld gone, I assume that makes him the no. 2 guy in Vancouver now, but I think Labatt is right - he'll probably get 10-15 starts, but he needs to shine in the majority of them. He can't throw out clunkers in his limited starts if he wants to move on somewhere else. I'm sure he also thought that if Cloutier had stayed, then he could have eventually supplanted him as the Canucks' starter.

Archived