Orange Seats Get the SR Award for...

elcrusho

I used to watch him too. Nothing takes me back like hearing "Tequilla!"

He was a Buffalo fireman. I can't remember when he retired. I'm not even sure if he's still alive.

I found the image doing a google search. I think some guy is selling tee shirts with the image on it. Search for Earl of Bud.

Thanks for the award.

BEST AVATAR EVER

PERIOD...

Is the Earl of Bud still around? or Retired? or....?

:unsure:

I used to watch him at the Bisons/Sabres games when I was a kid

:lol:

I'm not sure if Earl retired because of age or I vaugely remember hearing there was a dispute going on where he wanted more money in that he was a "performer" above and beyond being a beer vendor.

But cans travel better than bottles. The man drove 13 hours through the night with no sleep, puts on his colors and cracks open a beer ready to cheer his Sabres. Even the Caniacs were impressed with the Sherpa.

The Caniacs were impressed with him?

That is a little like being endorsed by Lyndon Larouche.

I'm not sure if Earl retired because of age or I vaugely remember hearing there was a dispute going on where he wanted more money in that he was a "performer" above and beyond being a beer vendor.

Too bad if he did leave in a dispute. Add him to the list: Nolan, Peca, Hasek, et al. He probably made a killing in tips. I was too young to buy Bud back then, so I wouldn't know.

He's probably too old (or dead) by now, but how awesome would it be if he made a return appearence, say, you know, at the first home game if the team ever went back to Blue and Gold. :P I think I would piss myself if I heard tequilla over the PA and saw the man in the white suit.

Can you even imagine how many people would line up to buy one more from the Earl of Bud?

Too bad if he did leave in a dispute. Add him to the list: Nolan, Peca, Hasek, et al. He probably made a killing in tips. I was too young to buy Bud back then, so I wouldn't know.

He's probably too old (or dead) by now, but how awesome would it be if he made a return appearence, say, you know, at the first home game if the team ever went back to Blue and Gold. :P I think I would piss myself if I heard tequilla over the PA and saw the man in the white suit.

Can you even imagine how many people would line up to buy one more from the Earl of Bud?

I always asked vendors what happened to the Earl. Most of them told me that they were not at liberty to say.

Archived