Weight is an idiot

twolinepass

" Four years ago, the Triangle seemed giddy about the Canes reaching the Finals. This crowd, like this Canes team, comes to the RBC Center expecting its team to play well and to win. Not hoping to win, but executing and winning.

Weight can offer another valid comparison about Edmonton and Raleigh.

"I have played in some loud buildings, but after the second period [of Game 7 against Buffalo], for about 45 seconds, I had trouble standing up, getting back on the ice after that," Weight said. "It's pretty amazing and, this isn't a hockey -- it's in the South, but we have people that know the game, love the game and support these players and this team unbelievably. I have been so impressed with our fans."

Doooh Doug - it was 2-1 Buffalo at that point. You were hearing BUFFALO FANS moron.

Prone to exaggeration, sure. But the RBC is known as one of the loudest buildings in the NHL. I guess I don't understand this lingering desire to poke the Canes fans and players in the eye. The series ended Thursday. This is Monday. Get over it already.

Prone to exaggeration, sure. But the RBC is known as one of the loudest buildings in the NHL. I guess I don't understand this lingering desire to poke the Canes fans and players in the eye. The series ended Thursday. This is Monday. Get over it already.

PA fan - Have you been to the RBC center in person for ANY of the Sabres/Canes series?

I'm guessing the answer to my question is none? Well let me tell you from EXPERIENCE the 3-4,000 Sabres fan in attendance were LOUDER than the other 12,000 fans. Excuse me if I'm still pissed off these clowns won and looks like they'll win the Cup. Maybe Tuesday will put me in a better mood.

Put that in your eye Caniacs!

I hate to piss on the parade, but Weight was right, the Caniacs were loud as crap when the Canes came out in the 3rd period in Game 7. They were very quiet during the 2nd intermission, some discussing how they would save money on tickets if the Canes did lose, but once the music came on for the Canes to come out before the 3rd period, it was soooo loud. Loudest point was when Brindafag scored the go-ahead goal. I wrote on another forum that I thought the worst thing that happened was we scored both our goals so late, that they were going to be naturally loud before the final period, killing any momentum that would have been built up by two quick goals.

I was over it the second the Sabres lost. I've got 3 kids and a lot of bills to pay. Much more important.

Besides when the San Antonio Spurs and Pittsburgh Steelers won 4 championships between them in the last few years, I didn't get one call from any of them thanking me for being a fan. Huh. And the next day, the energy, power and phone guys were still waiting for me to pay my bills...I wasn't one dime richer.

Here's my proviso. I take hockey a bit more serious than the other sports. I'm only over the Sabres losing as long as I don't have to see Laviolettes ugly mug on the sport networks hi-lights. But, in Canada, avoiding coverage of hockey is like....as difficult as finding hockey coverage in the southern states. Hell, even the weather channel finds a way to slip in some coverage of the Stanley Cup. You never know where it'll come from next!!

So, I guess I'm not over the Sabres losing and all you guys who keep telling us to 'get over it already', need to 'get over us not getting over it' already.

There ya go.

Sorry Rabbit that you have bills and kids and stuff to pay for.

I'm still in college, living on loans, Ramen, pizza, beer and hockey. There was a group of 10 guys or so I'm friends with who all grew our playoff beards together and watched almost every playoff game together. I'm proud to say that I had absolutely no life for the past month and I'm just as proud to say that I was emotionally invested in this team and that it still freaking blows that they aren't playing tomorrow night.

Yes, there are more important things in life. Fine. That's cool. But this was the best, most exciting hockey team that I've ever seen in my lifetime and it was filled with a bunch of guys that showed up almost every single night, something that rarely happened on Sabre teams of the past.

I give credit to people who say "I was over it the second the Sabres lost". Good for you. It doesn't make you any less of a fan, nor does it make me any more of a fan despite the fact that I'm still not "over it". This was a special season for a myriad of reasons, and it totally blows to know that it's over. If people want to mourn a bit and try to figure out what the heck to do now that we aren't glued to the TV for 3 hours a night, every other day (unless Dora is in town) then let them.

If you're unwilling to do so, then name me 1 moment over the course of the last 10 years in Buffalo sports history that was better than watching the Sabres win 7-6 in Game 1 vs the Sens, or winning Game 6 vs Carolina, or any other playoff memory. I dare you.

So, I guess I'm not over the Sabres losing and all you guys who keep telling us to 'get over it already', need to 'get over us not getting over it' already.

There ya go.

I give credit to people who say "I was over it the second the Sabres lost". Good for you. It doesn't make you any less of a fan, nor does it make me any more of a fan despite the fact that I'm still not "over it". This was a special season for a myriad of reasons, and it totally blows to know that it's over. If people want to mourn a bit and try to figure out what the heck to do now that we aren't glued to the TV for 3 hours a night, every other day (unless Dora is in town) then let them.

If you're unwilling to do so, then name me 1 moment over the course of the last 10 years in Buffalo sports history that was better than watching the Sabres win 7-6 in Game 1 vs the Sens, or winning Game 6 vs Carolina, or any other playoff memory. I dare you.

I'm with you guys - I am over it but not completely. My tongue-in-cheek suggestion to those who have gotten over it and are tired of seeing/hearing people complain on here is simple - don't click on a thread title that suggests an angry Sabres fan started it. By clicking on this thread I had a pretty good idea which direction the conversation was going to take, same as "4200 Seats Remain for Game One," "Brind'Amour," and "Did anyone catch the empty seats" threads. Don't come into a thread where people are venting and tell them they should get over it, the series is over, blah blah blah. Whether the things we are bitching about are real problems/criticisms or whether they are just upset, angry fans still venting about the end of a magical season that finished less than a week ago, let it be. Let us vent, complain, bitch and "cry" until we get it out of our systems. I suspect that if Carolina ends up taking the Cup home it will be harder to let go right away, but that's our right as fans - after spending countless hours watching, analyzing, cheering and booing our team we become emotionally and financially invested, so we have the right to mourn the end of our playoff dreams and to complain about the team that beat us.

We get it, you have moved on, but not all of us have, so let us complain, mock and even whine a little - we'll get over it eventually. Seems like there have been enough non-Canes bashing threads started over the last couple days that those should keep you occupied and out of the complaint threads...

Like Rabbit said, life goes on, and there are more important things to be concerned with, but the Sabres and the NHL are a great distraction from all life's little problems. In the Big Picture I'd rather someone get fired up on a message board about Canes fans not selling out their arena than someone "going postal" b/c they lost their job, had an accident/death in the family, etc.

BTW, I am not singling anyone out here - there has been enough name-calling and finger-pointing so no one else needs to rehash who said what. Just give us our space and things will get back to normal soon enough (at least in three month's time, anyway...)

Just to make sure...I was trying to offer a bigger perspective that the Sabres losing should be low on all of our priorities.

But, despite that, I'm not over it, let's be clear.

I'm not happy the Sabres lost (but used to it), but I think I'm even more unhappy they lost to this hurricanes team that I think the Sabres would have beaten in 6 if the injury bug hadn't bitten so hard.

I got that, to be sure - the point I was trying to make is that some of us haven't gotten completely past the run of bad luck with injuries and bad bounces, and its our God-given right as fans to complain till we feel better.

At the end of my previous post I was trying to point out that there are much bigger problems, and I'd rather bitch & moan about the Sabres losing in the ECF or the Canes' inability to sell out their games than the fact that I am stuck in a dead-end job with a company that couldn't care less if I came into work and then tries to weasel out of paying my vacation time and sick days.

For me, the last three months were a great distraction from work and the surrounding problems, so others on the board can forgive me and anyone else "still hanging on to it" if we are a little upset that the run is over, and especially to a team like the Canes.

Archived