Any word on Teppo??

OhioSabreFan

I for one think he may play tonight.. I think a frustrated Lindy didn't want to tip his hand and just said the first thing that came to his mind to cover it up. "Doubtful".

I thought Mair played great on Saturday.. gave us a spark, lets hope we can get much of the same from Teppo.

This is the deepest he's ever been in the playoffs, and it may be his last chance. My bet is he's going to try.

Its lose lose for him if he doesn't make the attempt tonight. He forfeits his chance to help the team not lose on his deepest playoff run ever, and loses what might be his only chance left at the cup.

He's gonna play. I'm listening to WGR now and the word is that he felt "no pain" today...none..nada. Teppo was very pleased. Now he just has to make it back to the arena without tripping over his dog or something.

The only thing I am concerned with is if he tries to play, how effective will he really be? If he is not able to give it 100%, I don't think he should be out there. Hopefully Sunday was just a smokescreen and that they just wanted him to have an extra day of rest and he will be back at 100%.

If you look at the Sabres message board on their site, they have posters talking about the gutlessness of Teppo for not playing through the pain and that Timmy should just play through his injury too. I swear the level of intellegence on this board is so much higher. Teppo has an injury you can't just play through the pain, cause it keeps him from being able to move the way he needs to on the ice. Timmy has an injury that could risk his well being and end a career if he tries to play through it. He already missed a full year to this injury and concussions are harder to get over everytime you get one, he may be gone for a while.

I agree about Janik, he's done what has been asked of him. I can't see him getting more respnsiblity though in a do-or-die situtation in game 7. I hope the best for Teppo to return.

Janik really did impress me as well... even more so then fitzpatrick... but all the replacements are showing they can play and play just well enough to do the little things right. lindy made the right choice when he put jillson back on scratch and gave janik the extra opportunity... very impressed with that. Even Pierre Mcguire was impressed with him...

Archived