We are the better team

rickshaw

It may end up that the better team loses this series. If that does happen, I will be very sad

But I am not disappointed with our team. They mailed in game 4 and that could be their demise, but let's hope not.

For a team so decimated with "key" injuries, our team continues to amaze me. If not for some very poor calls on McKee and Dumont, and some poor finishing by our guys, we cake walk game 5.

If the Canes are so much better than Buffalo, why are they playing game 6?

The media tells everyone the Canes are better. The smug look on Weight's face tells you the same, yet the series is on serve. And this without 4 of our top players.

We can say it's not an excuse, but it is, especially now. I won't use it as an excuse, but it is and we all know it.

Take away Staal and their top 3 defensemen and this series is over.

But that's what makes Buffalo the best team in hockey. The truly are the best team in the NHL right now and it might not show that in the final analysis.

We play like we did in game 5 then game 6 is ours. Then in game 7 we let it all hang out and hope there are no phantom penalties, either way.

1 shot for the Canes in 23 minutes? And all we hear is how great they are? Please. Great teams bury teams that have 4 top players out of their lineup. The Canes are good, but they are not the Sabres.

We've come back all year long and we will again. Last night we once again showed how great we are. Unfortunate to get more penalties against and have our finishing go to shite at the end, but we will be back. Game 6!! It's on!!

If i remember in the Ottawa series, a lot of you guys cut up the fans on the Sens board for claiming to be the better team. The real question is, if you think Buffalo is so much better, why is the only way they can win the series in 7? Being a great team happens to include "finishing plays" and fighting through whatever officiating your handed.

If i remember in the Ottawa series, a lot of you guys cut up the fans on the Sens board for claiming to be the better team. The real question is, if you think Buffalo is so much better, why is the only way they can win the series in 7? Being a great team happens to include "finishing plays" and fighting through whatever officiating your handed.

Injuries... And we look prettier too... ;) ;)

He just said "better"... And of course Ottawa wasn't really better.

:D :P :P

Thank you. This series is 3-2 Carolina for a reason.

Both teams have had moments of dominance. Carolina has had more of them.

The Goat

Thank you. This series is 3-2 Carolina for a reason.

Both teams have had moments of dominance. Carolina has had more of them.

The Goat

You think?... I think we all realize that and being a Sabres' board, it is a good way to blow off steam and think about things till game time again... Even if some people don't want to see it, they know it.

It is pretty obvious. Kinda like standing in the pouring rain and needing a weatherman to tell you that it is raining out.

Thank you Mr. Weathermen! Is that what you need to read?

;) ;)

Why does Buffalo need 7 games to beat Carolina?

Maybe because they have a quarter of their team joining our "impressive" rookie in the press box nursing their injuries instead of being on the ice. Last time I checked Ottawa was really only missing their top goaltender (who has been out for a while so they had time to work around his injury) and Carolina is missing only Cole (who also has been out long enough that the team can win without him)

Take away 3 of Carolinas top defencemen and a top scorer (like staahl) and you would see a completely differnt series.

If Buffalo is not the better team, then how come it is taking Carolina til (at minumum) game 6 to beat them. (and they haven't really dominated a game since our best defencemen was knocked out of a game?)

Why does Buffalo need 7 games to beat Carolina?

Maybe because they have a quarter of their team joining our "impressive" rookie in the press box nursing their injuries instead of being on the ice. Last time I checked Ottawa was really only missing their top goaltender (who has been out for a while so they had time to work around his injury) and Carolina is missing only Cole (who also has been out long enough that the team can win without him)

Take away 3 of Carolinas top defencemen and a top scorer (like staahl) and you would see a completely differnt series.

If Buffalo is not the better team, then how come it is taking Carolina til (at minumum) game 6 to beat them. (and they haven't really dominated a game since our best defencemen was knocked out of a game?)

I find it easier to just humor the self-proclaimed weathermen, heoric interlopers.

The magnitude of the situation is lost on them.

We have not looked like the better team. Sorry. Even though they had one shot in 23 minutes last night they had like 7 quality scoring chances in that span. Just goes to show how great the D played to keep the pucks from getting on net.

Also, it cracks me up to hear half the people say how Miller has kept us in games that could have been 7-3, 6-2, etc... but the other half claim Buffalo has been the dominant team?!?

People love to complain about the Refs when the other team scores PP goals and we don't. I don't think the refs have cost us any games. Blame our PP or penalty kill.

I'm a conspiracy guy. I believe the refs do screw-up more for some teams than others and the cigarette-smoking man is behind it. There must be something about Buffalo that is making the powers behind the scenes prevent that city from winning.

Do they want the exodus of people to continue because there are oil reserves right beneath the city?

Is an invasion of Canada secretly being planned, and collateral damage to the border town of Buffalo is a concern.

Is it American capitalism at it's worst? To get the rich, richer and get the proud, prouder, they need a common whipping-boy, the ever-lasting poor-boy who keeps paying into the system but is never allowed to get out of the low-rent area.

I BELIEVE. It's not a mantra to support the home team anymore, but a rally cry for conspiracy-theory buffs hoping to uncover some hidden truth that has kept cities like Buffalo in the dark and beaten down for ever.

Carolina has been the more worthy team on the ice this series. The Canes have the Sabres working twice as hard for their opportunities.

if the Sabres are going to win this then they have to find a way to play dominant hockey for at least 2 periods in a game instead on one partial period per game.

Archived