Jillson

SabresfanDC

Exactly what I said yesterday. The young D-men just need to clear the front and get out of the way so Miller can see the shots. If he wants to block then go out high and lay your body out and give 100% but don't make a weak ass block attempt like that.

Exactly what I said yesterday. The young D-men just need to clear the front and get out of the way so Miller can see the shots. If he wants to block then go out high and lay your body out and give 100% but don't make a weak ass block attempt like that.

yeah, i think you are right, that is key, but the other thing that these young guys can't do that the vets can is move the puck up ice, rather than a "dump-around" breakout. it makes such a difference for this team when they can break out in stride as opposed to 'stop-n-go' passes that don't generate speed...

Would certainly also help if Max stopped making half-assed crap passes in the offensive zone, and if Dumont would show up.

I said before the game that the forwards would have to win the game for the youngsters on defense, and they decided that 100% wasn't required, apparently.

I can't excuse Jillson's play on the third goal, but otherwise he has been about what I expected.

FWIW - It didn't really matter what he did on the first goal, it would have been a wrong decision, and playing a team like Carolina is going to make young guys hesitate.

Some of the forwards left the "D" hanging out to dry in the first two periods, and I am sure that's not what Lindy had in mind. I really hope the puck bounces our way to start the 3rd and we manage to strike early, and wake the crown back up.

There's a reason Jillson was in Rochester so I really can't be too hard on him. As for the forwards, I felt like I was watching game 2 all over again where they were trying to do to much with the puck instead of getting it to the net. Give Gerber credit though, he made the key stops early that sucked the wind out of our sails...

There's a reason Jillson was in Rochester so I really can't be too hard on him. As for the forwards, I felt like I was watching game 2 all over again where they were trying to do to much with the puck instead of getting it to the net. Give Gerber credit though, he made the key stops early that sucked the wind out of our sails...

Just for the record Jillson had 14 minutes and was a -3.

Just for the record Jillson had 14 minutes and was a -3.

Miller's rebound on the Ladd goal was a fat one. Seems as though he's not absorbing the puck with the same regularity as in the first two and two-thirds games.

The Goat

Archived