It's a war of attrition

MBD

Since the start of the playoffs, the Sabres have lost 3 of their top defensemen and one of their top goal scorers. Yet they've managed to win 10 games and lose just 4. Can they keep it going? We'll see what they're made of tomorrow, especially if they don't get any of the wounded back.

My heart is in my throat, and I part of me can;'t shake the thought that this is the straw that broke the camels back.

I think at this point all the pressure in on Lindy. Here is where a coach carves out his lasting legacy. How does he get this team to bounce back after yet another big time loss to D corps.

I think at this point all the pressure in on Lindy. Here is where a coach carves out his lasting legacy. How does he get this team to bounce back after yet another big time loss to D corps.

Actually I think there is more pressure on Lavi & the Canes - they are the higher seed, won their division, finished with more points than the Sabres, and had a lot of success against Buffalo in the regular season, and now they face a team who will be missing half of their top 6 D-men, and one of their playoff scoring leaders. For the Sabres, the proverbial blood is in the water, and the Canes should be licking their chops at the prospect of evening and taking control of the series from an under-manned Buffalo team.

At least tonight Lindy gets the advantage of making the last change, so he can be selective with his D and shield the rookies & Rory from the Staal line. The forwards will need a strong defensive effort to take some of the pressure off the young blueliners.

This is also where Ryan Miller can carve out his playoff rep as well - can he take up residency in "The Zone" and shut down Carolina, or will he be average?

A win tonight could be argued to be one of the biggest in the franchise's history. If they can somehow gut out a win tonight, it shows grit, it gives them a commanding 3-1 lead in the series, and gives the entire team a huge emotional lift.

Tonight is going to definitely test this team's character and mettle.

You can only hide your weaknesses for so long. A good offense will help. But we are digging into AHL talent and that will show when properly exploited. The Canes game plan will attack the veteran defensemen. They know they will be playing more minutes. If they can tire them out, then we are defending with youth. I do believe that Ryan will need a very strong performance to get out of game four with a win.

You can only hide your weaknesses for so long. A good offense will help. But we are digging into AHL talent and that will show when properly exploited. The Canes game plan will attack the veteran defensemen. They know they will be playing more minutes. If they can tire them out, then we are defending with youth. I do believe that Ryan will need a very strong performance to get out of game four with a win.

If that is the case then the young D-men are gonna have to rise up and be thrown right into the fire.

I like what Lindy is doing by not protecting them and going with Janik and Jillson on the same line.

This is when legends are carved out... Play sound and "sink or swim."

Not just defensively, if the Sabres can get some O out the young D and create some chances... It is gonna send Carolina reeling.

So... As I would have don't reel them in too much and let it hang out... It is a chance you will get burned... So be it...

The young guys are gonna have to backcheck well and get the puck over their blue line and create some rushes...

IMO

Archived