Can Vanek have a big series?

PromoTheRobot

NBC, OLN, and the rest of the hockey press will be giving Eric Stahl a tongue bath during this series. Can Thomas Vanek use that as motivation to show Stahl up with a big series? Can Lindy get Vanek to elevate his game to show the world he's as worthy a rookie-of-the year candidate as Eric?

PTR

NBC, OLN, and the rest of the hockey press will be giving Eric Stahl a tongue bath during this series. Can Thomas Vanek use that as motivation to show Stahl up with a big series? Can Lindy get Vanek to elevate his game to show the world he's as worthy a rookie-of-the year candidate as Eric?

PTR

Staal is not a rookie.

There has got to be more to the Vanek story than meets the eye. It doesn't make sense for him to be riding the pine for as long as he has. I'm sure when the season is over we will hear what really made him the odd man out.. You can't get redemption if you aint on the ice. Not letting him back on the ice tells me somethings a-skate.

There has got to be more to the Vanek story than meets the eye. It doesn't make sense for him to be riding the pine for as long as he has. I'm sure when the season is over we will hear what really made him the odd man out.. You can't get redemption if you aint on the ice. Not letting him back on the ice tells me somethings a-skate.

What puzzles me is that Briere spoke of "locker room issues" after the loss against Ottawa with the division title on the line. The same loss that kickstarted a 6 game losing streak.

Vanek was benched for the 3rd period of that game, If I recall correctly? I fear he might have an attitude problem.

But we'll see, it took Pyatt a while to fugure out that he has to work for a living too, maybe Vanek will catch on. As it is now, he's neither working or playing hockey.

I have a feeling vanek is trying to be the next Miro, and Lindy will have no part in that. He is still young so hopefully this will push him to learn that you have to work hard to be a superstar and not just sit back and collect the easy gaols and rely on your potential to stay in the NHL.

I have a feeling vanek is trying to be the next Miro, and Lindy will have no part in that. He is still young so hopefully this will push him to learn that you have to work hard to be a superstar and not just sit back and collect the easy gaols and rely on your potential to stay in the NHL.

I still say Vanek reminds me of Pat Verbeek. If the kid can get the right habits early, he'll have a long career.

Archived