This Really Sucks!!!!

matter2003

This is really sucking...

TV Schedule confirms that CBC is only carrying games 3,4 and 5 of this series. With Game 1 being on NBC, its no problem, but games 2, 6 and 7 are only on OLN, which I don't have...

Adelphia is apparently "working on" the situation right now, but game 2 is on Monday which is 3 business days away...

Adelphia better get OLN on their lower tier, I will be calling up to voice my displeasure thats for sure....

well it is channel 140 in the city so if you dont have digital cable, Order it for a couple days then cancel it...

Adelphia does not have a contract....

so just pick up a digital box and then cancel it the next day

anything I can do to screw over the company that screwed me over

Maybe someone can explain this to me, because I have no clue. My brother has OLN, but my parents don't. The parents are paying for a more expensive cable package than my brother is. Both have adelphia and are in the Buffalo area. How is this possible?

Luckily it's not an issue for me out here in Boston.

CBC just announced the following:

"May 18, 2006

CBC Sports, home of Hockey Night in Canada and the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs announces that if the Stanley Cup Finals results in a matchup featuring the following:

Anahiem vs Buffalo

Anahiem vs Carolina

CBC may or may not cover games 1, 4, 5 and 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals. CBC feels that any type of hockey series, no matter how pivotal will not be worth watching if the games do not feature a team who plays home games in Canada. Viewers should note that if the Edmonton Oilers advance, CBC will be covering all possible 7 games of the Finals, and will also re-broadcast games in their entirety from 7pm until 11pm each weeknight.

Please do not attempt to contact CBC with any complaints. CBC realizes that there may be many Canadian players on both Carolina, Buffalo and Anahiem, but that matters not. We just don't really care. Sorry. We would like to remind fans that CBC continues to do all it can to promote the game of hockey and highlight its importance in Canadian history and culture. The Eastern Conference Finals just don't matter...that much.

Regards,

CBC Management"

Archived