Reason 142 why the South sucks

SHAAAUGHT!!!

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs...d=1147816221223

"On the Canes' website there is an announcement that ticket sales are restricted to buyers from North Carolina and its bordering states.

"Orders by residents outside of this area will be cancelled without notice and refunds given," it reads.

The address on any credit card used to buy the tickets through the website will be used to determine residency "eligibility."

Welcome to the world of ignorant rednecks. You would think that they would like the influx of tourism dollars into their state and town. Don't they want people to visit Raleigh so they can see what a wonderful place it is and recommend it to friends and family for future visits? Of course not, they are still fighting the civil war and we are dirty Yankee filth.

I've lived in Georgia and visited Knoxville and the Virginia's and I can tell you that this is very characteristic of how the people are down there think. I had a guy once tell me he was going to have me arrested for swearing at him after he was trying to rip me off after I rented some jet skis.

Well, here is to NY state, tickets to anyone that wants to watch a hockey no matter where you come from, buffalo wings, pizza by the slice, Labatt Blue, outdoor ice rinks, swearing at anyone who is a , and the BUFFALO SABRES.

Right, but at some point they got together, and said, "you know what would be a good idea....."

It is a great idea. It gives the local fans who have supported the team all year the opportunity to get tickets. My opinion could be biased as I am a Sabres fan living in NC. :)

could be a good idea when it comes time to leaf games in buffalo... give our fans advanced warning through the message boards and through the sabres insider and allow ticket purchases 2 days in advance over leaf fans or restrict credit cards with the word Toronto for an address... that way the rest of souther ontario isn't shut out :D... that would really piss off some leaf fans haha...

It is a great idea. It gives the local fans who have supported the team all year the opportunity to get tickets. My opinion could be biased as I am a Sabres fan living in NC. :)

That would be like not letting Ottawa fans drive to Buffalo to watch a game. It is a ridiculous restriction. I guess someone realized it would make them look bad so they lifted, which is the right thing to do.

could be a good idea when it comes time to leaf games in buffalo... give our fans advanced warning through the message boards and through the sabres insider and allow ticket purchases 2 days in advance over leaf fans or restrict credit cards with the word Toronto for an address... that way the rest of souther ontario isn't shut out :D... that would really piss off some leaf fans haha...

As much as I hate the leafs, I like those games because the rink is absolutely nuts. As a fan I love it, and the players have also said they like it.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs...d=1147816221223

"On the Canes' website there is an announcement that ticket sales are restricted to buyers from North Carolina and its bordering states.

"Orders by residents outside of this area will be cancelled without notice and refunds given," it reads.

The address on any credit card used to buy the tickets through the website will be used to determine residency "eligibility."

Welcome to the world of ignorant rednecks. You would think that they would like the influx of tourism dollars into their state and town. Don't they want people to visit Raleigh so they can see what a wonderful place it is and recommend it to friends and family for future visits? Of course not, they are still fighting the civil war and we are dirty Yankee filth.

I've lived in Georgia and visited Knoxville and the Virginia's and I can tell you that this is very characteristic of how the people are down there think. I had a guy once tell me he was going to have me arrested for swearing at him after he was trying to rip me off after I rented some jet skis.

Well, here is to NY state, tickets to anyone that wants to watch a hockey no matter where you come from, buffalo wings, pizza by the slice, Labatt Blue, outdoor ice rinks, swearing at anyone who is a , and the BUFFALO SABRES.

I really doubt that this is a NC Tourism bureau policy. It is a Peter Karmanos / Jim Rutherford policy. They don't want to see the rink half filled with Sabres sweaters. They know no matter what they do at least 10% of the crowd will be cheering the Sabres and I would not be surprised to see 1/4 of the crowd cheering the guys wearing red and black (with a Shatanic goathead).

They already do it to a small degree. Season ticket holders get to buy tickets before they go on sale to the general public.

Realizing the Sabres would never try to implement the Canes policy for several obvious reasons, I would hate to see them try that for Loafs games as the atmosphere in the Mmarena for those games is incredible. They are my favorite games to go to during the regular season. I truly dislike the Laffs and it is a lot of fun trying to drown out their short bus riding supporters (anyone who wears a helmet to a game that isn't a participant belongs on a short bus). It also is a lot of fun watching them slink out of the rink after Buffalo wins. Plus think of how much extra money Tommy G. makes selling beer.

That would be like not letting Ottawa fans drive to Buffalo to watch a game. It is a ridiculous restriction. I guess someone realized it would make them look bad so they lifted, which is the right thing to do.

I still think it was more of a case of realizing they won't sell out the rink selling only to Canes fans but wanting to get as many "Caniacs" in the building as they could.

I agree it is silly, but view it more as I would a band selling tickets on its website to fan club members before tickets go on sale to the general public. They were trying to give people who actually cheer for the Canes and opportunity to get into the games prior to the rabid Sabres fans shutting them out. I truly doubt in the end it will make them look bad anywhere but in WNY, as anyone who isn't a Cane or Sabre fan couldn't care less.

I agree it is silly, but view it more as I would a band selling tickets on its website to fan club members before tickets go on sale to the general public. They were trying to give people who actually cheer for the Canes and opportunity to get into the games prior to the rabid Sabres fans shutting them out. I truly doubt in the end it will make them look bad anywhere but in WNY, as anyone who isn't a Cane or Sabre fan couldn't care less.

I tell you what, I wish the Bills would have done this to the Steelers fans for the final game of the 2004 regular season. :angry:

"I've lived in Georgia and visited Knoxville and the Virginia's and I can tell you that this is very characteristic of how the people are down there think."

Well now, we have a moron in the group. I have been up to New York several times and visited many cities up North and have never bashed anyone based on my experiences. You bring your know-it-all attitude down South and we will treat you the same. I know more from the North than I do from the South and I have lived in the South my whole life. (Yes I am a Sabres fan) At least I can walk with my head up in downtown Atlanta making eye contact with everyone I pass.

"Of course not, they are still fighting the civil war and we are dirty Yankee filth. "

Funny thing..... the only people THAT HAVE EVER brought up the Civil War were people from the North. Don't get confused with the white trailer trash that you lived next to with the rest of the state.

Yes to NY State that makes you pay a toll to go anywhere,we have that option too, I like Buffalo wings, why settle for one slice when you can have the whole pizza, Labatt Blue sucks;), it has to be COLD for an outdoor rink, swearing...we have a fighting words law, and here's to the BUFFALO SABRES!!!

As for the title: At least we didn't get duped by Hillary Clinton. :lol:

I've lived in North carolina for 5 years and I have found nothing but southern hospitality and a lot of transplanted northerners. If you think this is a redneck, civil war hating, sister banging society, you couldn't be more wrong. Think of WNY with nicer weather and a decent job market.

I've lived in North carolina for 5 years and I have found nothing but southern hospitality and a lot of transplanted northerners. If you think this is a redneck, civil war hating, sister banging society, you couldn't be more wrong. Think of WNY with nicer weather and a decent job market.

I agree 100%. I live near Raleigh. On my street my neighbors come from: Pittsburgh (2), Philly (2), Baltimore and Syracuse. You would be very hard pressed to find someone who is a native of NC in the Triangle area.

Same here in Tennessee. People are very friendly and the weather is great. Heck of alot cheaper to live here than NY, too!

You have to hand it to the Canes fans though, selling out the games during that out-of-state blackout period. Oh wait, they didn't sell out the games?

Something tells me that the Caniacs are going to be pretty pissed off with the number of 'Let's Go Buffalo' chants started in their own barn. :D

You have to hand it to the Canes fans though, selling out the games during that out-of-state blackout period. Oh wait, they didn't sell out the games?

Something tells me that the Caniacs are going to be pretty pissed off with the number of 'Let's Go Buffalo' chants started in their own barn. :D

I went to a couple of the Canes/Leafs Eastern final games a couple of years back. there were a TON of leaf fans there. It was a good time had by all. Canes fans are some of the classiest around and the Leafs fans really appriciated it. It was a good time had by all.

Archived