Sabres/Sens series stats...

Dan Gross

Some things I've seen/heard/looked up on this series (much comes from TSW, so apologies to those who see this twice/thrice):

Team that scored first won each game

Team that was outshot won each game.

All five games were decided by one goal in the series that featured a tie score or a one-goal lead for all but 1:40 of total play.

In games 2-5 Miller stopped 131 of 138 shots on goal. The Senators had 3 full strength goals in that time-frame.

Chara is still 6'9". :D

Add your own....or ignore. Whatever, I don't care, the Sabres advance!

Some things I've seen/heard/looked up on this series (much comes from TSW, so apologies to those who see this twice/thrice):

Team that scored first won each game

Team that was outshot won each game.

All five games were decided by one goal in the series that featured a tie score or a one-goal lead for all but 1:40 of total play.

In games 2-5 Miller stopped 131 of 138 shots on goal. The Senators had 3 full strength goals in that time-frame.

Chara is still 6'9". :D

Add your own....or ignore. Whatever, I don't care, the Sabres advance!

His save % is way up to .944...

5-3 powerplays

Ottawa 4 Buffalo 0

Wasn't it 5-0, with Emery being leaving the ice in game 3 early? They actually scored with a 2 man advantage, since the goalie left and they were on the PP. Hell, given that Emery was 50 feet from the bench while that extra attacker started joining the play, they actually had a 3 man advantage (yes, they blew that call too).

And those 6 chances led to 4 goals against. Pathetic reffing.

Wasn't it 5-0, with Emery being leaving the ice in game 3 early? They actually scored with a 2 man advantage, since the goalie left and they were on the PP. Hell, given that Emery was 50 feet from the bench while that extra attacker started joining the play, they actually had a 3 man advantage (yes, they blew that call too).

And those 6 chances led to 4 goals against. Pathetic reffing.

True, but if San Jose beats Edmonton, Buffalo becomes the darling of the refs as they are the closest to a Canuck team left. (Assuming the refs can finally forgive Ruff for being ticked about the way '98, '99, '00, and '01 ended.)

The Sabres three overtime wins lasted 18 seconds, 5 minutes and 5 seconds, and 2 minutes and 28 seconds, for a grand total of 7 minutes and 51 seconds.

3 overtimes, 7:51. That has to be some kind of record.

As a Buffal fan I have said this many times, and it is ussualy just whinning, this time however I say it in all seriousness. Game four was the worst officiated game that I have ever watched, and game five was not much better.

I think the NHL realy wanted to keep the canadien teams alive and Buffalo suffered some poor calls because of it. You can's blame the league for wanting to keep the canadien fans interested. However, it would make more sense to move some ot the southern teams back to Canada, instead of calling bad games in the playoffs in a lame attempt to keeping Canada interested.

But, hell the series is over and we are through to the conference championships for the first time since 99.

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!

Archived