Sens Coach Murray---"We Let Them Win"

matter2003

Did anyone else feel that Brian Murray, the Sens coach was just an arrogant, pompous, a-hole??

I mean its one thing to think your team is better than the other team, but quite another to consistently make comments such as:

"We made him look like a good goalie tonite"--in regards to Ryan Miller

Q: What did you think of Afinigenov last night

Murray: "Just get him on the road then we'll see a different player"

Numerous other quips that just showed blatant disrespect to our team, but I guess the last laughs on him...his "great team" just got sent golfing in 5 games...

Did anyone else feel that Brian Murray, the Sens coach was just an arrogant, pompous, a-hole??

I mean its one thing to think your team is better than the other team, but quite another to consistently make comments such as:

Numerous other quips that just showed blatant disrespect to our team, but I guess the last laughs on him...his "great team" just got sent golfing in 5 games...

I think The Sens were way too overconfident in game 1. It bit them in the rear, and they came out firing in game 2. Unfortunately for them, The Sabres D was in place, and their goalie wasn't sharp.

By the time they realised they couldn't outscore Buffalo at will, it was just too late.

Q: What did you think of Bryan Murray last night?

A: Just get him in the playoffs and then we'll see a different coach.

7 playoff series wins since 1981.

Purely out of curiosity, what did you want him to say?

Remember, if he says that the Sabres outplayed his team, his team will probably interpret that as a vote of "no confidence". If Lindy EVER says Buffalo was beat by a better team, I will be ticked AND EXPECT the Sabres to lose that series.

The best teams I've played on, regardless of sport, were arrogant as hell. All felt that no matter what the other team was inferior and no matter what they did we were entitled to win. I don't see Ottawa being any different - with the exception that they tend to not get it done when the stakes are highest.

You show me a team that isn't arrogant and I'll virtually guarantee they aren't very good. Confidence is generally the deciding factor when teams are close in all other areas.

"Confidence is generally the deciding factor when teams are close in all other areas."

I agree, and I've played on championship winning teams myself...

The problem is that its one thing to believe it yourself, but quite another to come out and basically discredit the other team. At least give them some credit for what happened...

I think everyone knew this series was going the distance when connolly scored with 10 seconds to go in game 1, and the SERIES was over after game 2. I agree with AD, it was just gamesmanship and coachspeak. Like hitch dropping the f-bomb, he was just diverting attention away from the fact that his team was in the process of losing what turned out to be a lopsided playoff series.

Archived