We Believe...

elcrusho

This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic, well if you twist it up a bit I'm sure you could find a way to relate it but I liked the quote I just read...

"You hear it enough, it's instilled in your mind that, `You're a young team. You're not that good of a team or whatever,'" Campbell said. Then, with a laugh, Campbell added: "We're just too stupid to realize it and we just keep going."

Ah, Brian, you and your fantabulous mates are far too modest. Let's keep it that way so that everyone keeps pointing at us going:

"Aww, aren't they cute, with their little players and that strange young goalie staring at the ice before the game. He looks so precious trying to concentrate like that. Oh my...they're winning, aww that's so cute, trying to play with the big boys. Shh, be nice Melrose and you other media guys and don't laugh, let's show a little respect. Everyone gets a turn and no one is more special than anyone else."

I wonder how long this can last. I still think whoever comes out of the other series would be favored in the papers more, and that's fine fine fine.

"or send Heatley back to the dressing room to see a shrink"

Ugh......I know you are joking but I can still see the crash photos of the car in my head. Ottawa should be grateful for giving up so little for Heatley. We have all done dumber things than what he did. He, unlike us, ended up by paying for his mistake. (although we would have been in jail for 10-15 for manslaughter now that I think about it)

Ugh......I know you are joking but I can still see the crash photos of the car in my head. Ottawa should be grateful for giving up so little for Heatley. We have all done dumber things than what he did. He, unlike us, ended up by paying for his mistake. (although we would have been in jail for 10-15 for manslaughter now that I think about it)

Heatley isn't in jail because Snyder's family asked that he not be put in jail and the judge followed their wishes.

Sorry. I never killed anyone. He's done dumber things. And he should be in jail.

Heatley isn't in jail because Snyder's family asked that he not be put in jail and the judge followed their wishes.

hmmm be that as it may... if i or anyone of us killed my best buddy in a car accident i think the family would have us all put away... so i think he got a bit lucky there... it just always seems that celebrities are able to stand above the law... especially with high level crimes... drug running and that seems to get nailed quite often but murder slides.... why is that?

We have all done dumber things than what he did. He, unlike us, ended up by paying for his mistake. (although we would have been in jail for 10-15 for manslaughter now that I think about it)

Uhhhhhh, I don't know what you've done, but I have not done anything worse things then killing my friend in a car accident. I haven't done anything close to that. Yes it was an accident and yes he will have to live with it for the rest of his life, but he got off very lucky cause he is a celebrity and was lucky his friends family were VERY forgiving.

Don't worry I have enough class to not actual make a sign like the ideas I had, even though they really aren't that bad

I know it's nit-picking, but Van Miller's signature phrase was always..."Do You Believe IT!" Jeanarette simply said "Do you believe!"

I think as long as people aren't spelling it "BILLieve" there's nothing wrong with using that phrase at all. It was a great call by RJ. By the way...he's sounded GREAT this postseason.

People. We've all been in a car accident.

OR at the very least someone really close to you has.

his turned fatal. He wasn't intoxicated, he wasn't driving irresponsibly, that #%^$#! happens. It's an unfortunate consequence of a motorized age.

The family forgave him because they understood that.

if the family of the deceased can let it go and be at peace with it, then I think it more than appropriate for all you to do the same.

he wasn't driving irresponsibly

Really? Last I heard he was SPEEDING in his Ferrari down a residential area and lost control and crashed into a gate infront of a housing complex, if I'm not mistaken.

Its not like he was doing 15 mph in a heavy sleet and snow, or a heavy downpour and his car just slid off the road into this wall.

But he's a celebrity, so let's all just give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's learned his lesson from the accident and leave him be.

Maybe he meant we "could have done worse with bad luck". I look back on some of the stuff I've done and holy! I thank my lucky stars something tragic never happened. My guardian angel must have been working over-time.

It's a mistake of youth to point fingers. As a 21 year old in Calgary, we relentlessly attacked McTavish of the Oilers for the drunk-driving he did where he killed someone. 18 years later, I've learned it's not good to point fingers, you never know when a seemingly innocent event will turn into something that has everyone pointing their fingers back at you!!

Having said that, Heatley...I hope you blow like a crack-addict in the alley tonight!!

Maybe he meant we "could have done worse with bad luck". I look back on some of the stuff I've done and holy! I thank my lucky stars something tragic never happened. My guardian angel must have been working over-time.

It's a mistake of youth to point fingers. As a 21 year old in Calgary, we relentlessly attacked McTavish of the Oilers for the drunk-driving he did where he killed someone. 18 years later, I've learned it's not good to point fingers, you never know when a seemingly innocent event will turn into something that has everyone pointing their fingers back at you!!

Having said that, Heatley...I hope you blow like a crack-addict in the alley tonight!!

Speeding or drunk driving is not something where you can say it was some bad luck that this happened. You make the decission to drive drunk or to push the skinny pedal closer to the floor. They are also not seemingly innocent events.

Speeding or drunk driving is not something where you can say it was some bad luck that this happened. You make the decission to drive drunk or to push the skinny pedal closer to the floor. They are also not seemingly innocent events.

He was not drinking.

He was going way too fast for where he was and someone died as a result. That is why charges were brought against him.

The victim's family requested that he not receive jail as a sentence. That is why he isn't in jail.

I assume from your comment that you have never sped when driving. If so, please, by all means continue hurling stones.

The guy was young and did something mind-numbingly stupid. He did something that 1,000's of young guys probably do every day with no incident. It is mind-numbingly stupid when they do it as well, but fortunately for most it typically doesn't end up a tragedy. I am not condoning it nor am I excusing it, but to try and make this into something sinister or premeditated is not right, IMVHO. He and the Snyder family will live with this forever. I can't imagine the weight of that burden. I also cannot figure out how the Snyder family managed to be as forgiving as they are, they are truly big people.

I don't have a problem with him returning to his profession. I didn't have a problem with McTavish returning when he got out of jail either.

"The victim's family requested that he not receive jail as a sentence. That is why he isn't in jail."

Hell, a family can request all they want. That is why there are the "Michael Jackson" Laws out there. DA's have no choice but to go for the throat down here. They can, however, hint to the jury/judge that they really do not want to convict.

Anyway, I have yet to meet an Atlanta fan that does not wish Dany the best in whatever he does. I wish him the best as well. Just not this series.

Oh.... by the way..... sorry elcrusho for hijacking your post

Archived